Oil leak and creeking noise

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ken, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Ken

Ken

Hello guys,

Looks like I have an oil leak from the hose going from the air box back into the engine; not sure if anyone had the same issue and is it just as simple as replacing the hose, please see pictures.

I also have a creeking noise every now and then under braking and when I turn the steering wheel, not sure what it is.

Knocking noise coming from the frontend, especially noticeable on speed bumps. I got a mechanic to check this and apparently he replaced a ball joint linkage but the issue is still there.

Would appreciate if somebody can give me some advise/guidance. Thank you

Kind regards,

Ken

Attached Files:

2. Engine/gearbox mounts? Or maybe even exhaust mounts! Have the same and it's the dog bone mount!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

3. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

The vent pipe has started to break down due to heat and oil vapour, i replaced mine with a piece of 13mm heater hose.

The knocking is either the drop links or the lower ball joints, do you know exactly what the mechanic changed.
    Most would have changed the whole lower arm, you can change the lower ball joints but you will only get this done buy someone that knows Renaults.