265 Oil filter

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by rory265, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Ok guys I'm doing a service on my 265 this weekend but just want other owners opinions on a few things. As the service intervals state 12400miles/24months I think this is way too long and as Ive done 6200 since its last service interval and most performance car owners change atleast oil and filter at 6000 and tuned as low as 3000 I thought I best do it. So here are the questions firstly about the oil filter I searched on the eBay and there's plenty of 'genuine' oil filters but there still lots of different names, which one is actually genuine or do I buy from ads for twice the price but guaranteed genuine? Also with the filter when renault Do service my car will they notice/be bothered that the filter isn't as old and/or a different brand? Same goes for the oil, this may be stupid but will they notice/ be bothered that the oil won't be as black as I guess they expect? I'm no mechanic and this is my first new car and my first oil change ( my girlfriends dad used to be a jag mechanic he's helping me) so these may be stupid questions of which I shouldnt be worried about

2. I'd buy from ads. They're only about a fiver or something.

3. Also, it is every 12500 miles/24 months I believe :smile:

4. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Buy the genuine *927 filter from Adam the Brummie Hobbit (love you really wee man) and be done.

I personally have reconfigured my intervals to 8k/12months but i prefer to do mine annually irregardless of mileage.

5. My bad , ads it is then.

6. Ordered, Will I need a new sump plug washer as well?

7. Yes

8. Both ordered let's just hope this weeks 2nd class delivery is like 1st class as I want to do it saturday

9. Anyone know the size of the square insert of the sump plug on a 265

10. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

8mm