Oil cooler location

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by supersai101, Jun 29, 2021.

1. No, pre face 265.

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ah OK so it won't be from the reduced airflow from the face-lift front end then , I've noticed a lot of the older cars are suffering from coolant temps a lot more then they used to. New radiator seems to do the trick a lot of the times or check the AC condenser as they get battered and end up restricting airflow

3. Yeah mine was battered so swapped out both condenser and radiator. I'm pretty sure my hybrid turbo doesn't help with the heat haha. Hopefully my latest round of measures will do it!

4. 426 / 5000

sorry i didn't see your question. I had the cut outs done at the same time as I did the Wagner intercooler installed. So unfortunately I can't say what they bring on their own. in addition, all track days so far have been rather cold and rainy. but i can say that they all change together, so large water cooler, oil cooler, cut outs in normal operation have lowered the water temp by about 10 - 12 degrees.

In the water temp display, the pointer is now always exactly vertical. before all the changes it was always on the right on the first line next to the middle

Mr Spoon likes this.
  5. It looks odd doesn't it with the temp gauge slightly to the right. Like it's overheating.... If Renault had coloured the garage appropriately it wouldn't be a thing I'm sure.

6. I can confirm I have finally sorted my overheating issue. So what has sorted it for me, swapping airtec for warner intercooler, installed oil cooler in wheel arch, relocate horns to wheel arch, new radiator and condenser. Also kept the plastics that divert air to top part of radiator.

Attached Files:

7. I´m glad you sort temps problem, and wan´t to be a pain in the ass but...had you controlled the oil pressure? I had fitted a lot of oil coolers and ALWAYS the press low around 1 bar. Is a factor to count!