265 Oil Cooler Location

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by bobsan, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Should really get round to fitting my oil cooler, anyone done same care show where fitted like upfront bolted above crash structure or below or maybe wheel arch liner

Any images would be nice

thanks

2. 20200119_100143.jpg

Paul ja, bobsan and ianplymouth like this.
  3. That’s impressive hadn’t thought of descent fan, what triggers it manually or same stat as water rad fan ?

4. i used an 10 fittings. took feed from the aircon relay.. but also have a 93 deg stat located in an an10 male/male with a 1/8 th npt thread. so for the fan to come on the a/c needs to be on which to be fair is usually when hot weather or im hot on track lol. but also oil needs to be above 94degs too.

its a 19row oil cooler too and has a thermostatic sandwich plate on the block also

5. nice, but have to wonder if triggering from AC as the AC normally switches OFF when engine is hot as does on most cars to minimise engine load then comes back on when engine temp drops so would your oil fan still come on ??

Si271 likes this.
  6. its the fan controller relay on the aircon i used it as a trigger for the oil cooler fan relay so low voltage needed. the fan comes on at slow and high speed but always has a voltage

bobsan likes this.
  7. what fan did you use ???

now thinking should also fit fan but will prob supply voltage off water rad fan when that comes on

8. 7" slimline. its a tad to tall but when you go to 6" the fan design becomes more for a computer than the regular fans we know.just used a fan install kit and the on the front arch liner i cut it out and installed a grill type vent were the cooler was to let the warm air out,

9. with the fan you have to rim the inner backside of the front bumper. no need if you use no fan. but when your queing in 30deg heat to copme off the ring the fan does what it needs to do 20200119_100156.jpg

10. rear view 20200119_100151.jpg

11. another view with the catch can in place 20200126_115743_resized.jpg

12. That’s great thanks for digging out those images

rockabilly likes this.