250 Oil change?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Frimley111R, Jul 15, 2016.

1. I'm at Bedford next Saturday and won't get my car in for a service beforehand so I need to do my first 'precautionary' oil change. How easy/much of a PITA is it?

Oddly I couldn't see any threads on it.

2. Oil change is easy, 7 bolts ,drop the engine tray & (i think) 8mm square socket for sump plug. Filter is more of a pain because of the location of it & all the pipework. Normally get oil running down the block finding its way into nooks & crannies.

3. Yeah, I suspected that the filter would be the PITA bit.

Where do you jack it up, behind the front wheels (where I usually jack the car for pad changes)?

4. Oil filter location way developed by undercover agents working for rival manufactures as a desperate attempt to diminish Reno car sales once word got out as to the life threatening likelihood which occurres with contaminated oil running across human skin leading to various ailments later in life. To date it's unclear what exactly is the fatality rate is but I myself have an inordinate amount of motor oil flowing through my vaines as a direct result of multiple filter changes on these particular vehicles.

5. That would explain a lot about you....

6. Indeed it does, as I have zero aches in any joints and the dexterity of a circus clown

Frimley111R likes this.
  7. Hahahhahahhaa !

8. Standard jacking point, as i have yet to find somewhere that looks stable/sturdy enough to take an axle stand,

Frimley111R likes this.