R26 Oil catch tank

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Korky, Jul 30, 2017.

1. I have looked at various threads but haven't quite come across this yet. Can any tell me the new layout of vaccines hoses when they have installed a oil catch tank?

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

I'll get you a pic of mine later

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Korky likes this.
  3. Please do I am also interested to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Did you take a pic mate?

5. matt e

sorry forgot, will get one tomorrow for you

6. matt e

@korky a1b4713d741b5168a97643c98c3b6d55.jpg 7a5e742fbd5886b8263499966e467203.jpg 7421c9bd2961f431e86d9db8f32fcac7.jpg

7. How has the catch tank assisted ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Cheers for the photos mate!

Is the hose id 13mm?

9. matt e

Yeah

10. Matt e is battery relocated to rear vehicle now ??

11. matt e

bobsan likes this.
  12. I think part of the benefit of the oil catch can is to improve the combustion. The more crap, or oil vapour you have entering the combustion, the lower the quality of combustion. In principle, it can help to avoid some det issues but I don't know how effective it is on the Megane. It will certainly improve the emission from the exhaust though.

eddshort likes this.
  13. matt e

even with decat? :tongueclosed:

14. [emoji23] [emoji23] maybe!

15. I've a catch tank to try stop oily vapour contaminating the turbo blades as that's what the vapour hits first, after that there's the IC but not really enough to gum that up yet.

16. @matt e : the black pipe in the third picture is the intake or the intercooler one ?

17. matt e

18. Just for reference, but I have taken two turbos off my engine. One after 45k miles, and one after 10k miles, and neither had oil crap on the blades. The intake valves were minging, which could be the oil breather.

19. Alternatively I clean my turbo blades twice year and they're coated in black thin film of dust/oily substance

20. You'd think the in valves would be cleanest as they have constant flow of fuel over them, such are the mysteries of engines

SiMonster likes this.
  21. That's what I would've thought too. Certainly on the N/A engines I have had in the past this is the case. Seems to be a trait of this engine.

The oil film you see on the blades, I presume that's only on the exhaust/hit side?