265 Oil Catch Cans

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ToritoRS, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Any experiences with this ? Any current set ups you may want to share ?

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

i was going to fit one to mine, im going to move the battery to the boot so it frees up some space in the engine bay

3. just fitted one, must get round to foftozzz, it was after fitting an aftermarket silicone induction hose I couldn't bear the thought of factory system dumping its oily gasses into my nice new hose that induced me to instal catch tank

after 2000 miles the inside of induction hose is bone dry as opposed to factory system where theres an oil pool gathered in folds of hose plus the turbo blades were tarnished

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    ewant81 likes this.
  4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

plus it stop oil vapour getting in to the air/fuel mix

5. yes indeed, as this depletes the fuel octane rating

6. TBH this is a bit unnecessary for 99% of cars.

7. Yes, but I guess all people in this forum represent the 1%

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Haomaru and rTEM like this.
  8. IMG_3316.JPG

TEV250 and git-r like this.
  9. Where is that strut bar from?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sam Dolby likes this.
  10. have you reduced the hose diameter at cam cover source ??

11. No same size i.d.

12. Can you show me where you placed the can, etc ?

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Its easy, Just find a place that your can will fit and mount it...

14. Are you bobsan ?

Ideas are always welcomed since the space in engine bay is very limited.

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You running stock airbox?

Mine is on the passenger side (RHD car) suspension turret, Theres a bit of metal that has been drilled and a bracket made up to mount. You can see the part int he above photo.

The location that Targa has his mounted on his Trophy-R isn't really possible as the AC pipework is right in the way.

16. Yes, stock airbox.

Thank you for the info

17. my tank is out of sight below and in front of battery tray mounted to chassis frame immediately behind turbo hose connection to IC. its drain plug is accessible when doing oil change and the undertray is off, also accessible through wheel arch liner, Pipe work comes up left side of battery try and follows the intercooler hose towards its source which is breather outlet on cam cover.

18. what I like about this design is the flow of oil in downward to the tank and any oil fumes that could potentially pass through the tank have a job to flow uphill back to the intake hose itself.

19. Sorry to bump this. Where do you guys buy your catch cans from. I've seen a guy in Romford make some for £60. I'm not looking to spend a fortune as this is only going to be a clubsport setup, not a 100% track car. Fed up with oil in my silicon hose. I'm just looking for the can. I'd like the hoses mounted on top. Just means I have more room. As placement is very very awkward.

20. ive one these, after year still seems to do the job

Scott Lewis Chambers likes this.
  21. Fair enough, does breather make any difference? And were did you mount yours? I'm temped to see if I can plonk it next the windscreen washer fill up bit