OEM equivalent suspension and steering components *links inside*

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Gray, Aug 6, 2014.

1. The inner rod ends aren't adjusted. I wouldn't fit them though, that's for sure.

2. But its the threaded end of the inner track rod where the outer TRE's are wound on and adjusted...

3. Exactly this.

4. Oh christ. That is bad, I thought it was at the other end

5. No the other end is identical.

6. Just had a measure of the ones linked in this tread and they are 230mm total length.

Anybody have a 'proper' one they can measure? If these aren't correct I'll be sending them back.

7. I should have some genuine ones arriving tomorrow, so I'll get them measured.

8. Look forward to the answer to that.

9. 891704FD-2ADF-461C-B622-A5D353CE23FD.jpg

10. Hmm - not looking good for the cheap parts!

11. Nope looks like oem are 250mm to me.

12. That answers that then...

13. If people want me to measure all of the genuine parts I can, I have them sat here waiting to be fitted.

14. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

everything else is fine bar the suspect inner arms... I'll measure one now.

15. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

1dc5dc4499af24e1571418ba1d5176b2.jpg

225mm.

16. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Do you know if TRW produce an after market arm to fit the RS models?

17. no they dont
    we tried to use clio 197 ones they are 300mm in lenght as i remember
    we thought that we can cut them to 250 mm and open new treads but the arm is getting thinner so cant make 14x1.5 thread on it
    also compare lots of tre s but couldnt find a compatible one
    trw products are very cheap in turkey
    you can buy megane 3 rs ones clio 197 ones but not megane 2 rs ones, i dont know why
    all clio 3 are same inc 197 and they are approx £10-12 here from trw
    i know that almost all the runing gear is trw inc wishbones and steering rack

18. I work in the trade for a parts company (Andrew page)
    I've just changed all my suspensions conponents, I searched high and low for a Inner tie rod the same length but couldn't find one. Generally if a supplier make them as OEM for the car they won't make an equivalent, they will just bag/box the OEM item just without the dealer badge on there, like the TRW anti twist links for example. They will be the same thing you buy from Renault just at a lower price and you get new nuts and washers too lol.

I also searched for the arms but couldn't find a single thing.
    I ended up doing new ball joints with with vibratechnics rear bushes and had them fitted by Mark at the time time as my clutch and fly change

Dannyboy3767 likes this.
  19. new tre s here is approx £100
    and if you look the last picture the inner side of it only holding 5-6 threads to the stering rack
    so if you compare the part as a whole, the choice is yours
    maybe 5-6 thread is enough or not

20. I see what you're saying - one end only has 5 or 6 threads holding it so the other should be okay with the same amount.

I think I'd rather have the correct ones.

Gray, can the thread be edited to warn people that the inner arms aren't right, or deleted altogether?

21. The Renault part number for the inner steering arm should be 7701475837 that part no is for poverty spec Meganes

The genuine Renault sport part seems to be made by TRW too so we just need to find it.

22. Can you post a closeup of any numbers stamped on the genuine ones please.

23. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

I've removed the inner steering arms from my original post as they are not correct.

24. Even on the TRW website they say it is the JAR971

trw.jpg

25. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Yes quite annoying! - I cross referenced everything on the TRW site which made me beleive they would be correct.

26. I have e-mailed them with the OEM part number and they don't recognise it lol

She asked for my reg number so will wait and see what they come back with

27. Just got a reply back, it's a main dealer part only :worried:

Attached Files:

28. That is a shane considering TRW make the part.

29. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

FFS.

Renault must have some special exclusivity rights on particular parts for the RS models.

30. Weird that they have given up on the twist links though.

31. With TRW having the incorrect reference on their own website, I'd suggest that the reason they don't offer it is an over-site on their part.

32. Can we update this with what fits and what doesn't?
    Also how hard is this stuff to fit on the drive?

33. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Thread has been amended to remove the incorrect inner / axial arms.

With regards to fitment, how long is a piece of string? - impossible to say without know what tools you have, level of competency, how corroded the OE parts on your car are etc. etc. :smile:

34. Okay. Fairly competent. Dad was a mechanic so will have his help if need be.

Parts are in good nick.

Access to a comprehensive range of tools.

Just after a rough time really chap not an exact figure.

35. Inner rods are the hardest I reckon. I done the inners and outers last weekend. Not to bad. The other stuff is pretty straight forward.

36. Is it possible to have a list of these parts that do fit and links to purchase?

37. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

original post has been amended to show this.

38. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I still can't get over how much of a gem this thread is!

39. Anyone know if these two fit the R26?

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]N/S Lower Arm (TRW-JTC1223)
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]O/S Lower Arm (TRW-JTC1222)
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Was thinking about doing a full refresh up front during the build mainly with trw stuff. Thought the lower arms looked a bit battered the last time i was under the car so its either these or should I just stick with getting the bush replaced.... hmmm, so many choices!!!

We're basically saying that most stuff fits excl the tre's right? Sorry, confused! :smiley:

40. The arms are dealer only too from what I've read. The problem with aftermarket arms is the ball joints use a pinch bolt to fix in place, instead of the threaded ball joint on the sport models. Also the arms above don't have the extra mounting point for the anti twist links.
    Have a read of this....
    http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?65753-Front-RS-225-R26-wishbones

this has detailed description of the differences.

recently someone did some digging and found a ball joint that fits.
    This is the thread..
    http://www.rsmegane.com/showthread.php?1788-Ball-joint-replacement-It-IS-possible!

i have changed the ball joints, I used a Delphi ball joint, part number TC1083. And I replaced the rear bushes with vibratechnics ones. I'm not sure if the aftermarket bushes are the same in terms of stiffness etc. But if you can hold out for a bit powerflex are meant to be releasing a range for the 225/r26/r26.r soon, so they keep saying. Depends how desperate your arms are. Or you can pay like £130 odd per arm from dealer.