OEM Damper Spring Cup

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by maece82, Apr 30, 2021.

1. I'm trying to get new OEM dampers and springs for my Mk2 chassis cup to replace the worn KW V3 dampers.

Does anybody know if the OEM Eibach Cup springs might still be available somewhere, or are there some equivalent alternatives? Same for the cup specific dampers

When I removed the old parts 6 years ago, I read the following numbers on the parts

Front damper
    82 00 432 282

Front spring
    82 00 432 277

Rear damper
    82 00 432 283

Rear spring
    82 00 512 012

Many thanks
    Marcel

2. Brand new front and rear dampers and front springs showing in stock at Renault Parts Direct and Kam Racing. Not sure if rear springs are NLA or just out of stock but aftermarket alternatives are available to fit OEM dampers.

3. Perfect, many thanks!

Does anybody know, if the Eibach ProKit springs are the same as the Eibach made OEM Cup/Trophy/R26 spring?

In some online part shops, the Eibach ProKit springs are labled as springs for Mk2 225 Meganes with OEM Sport suspension...this might be Cup/Trophy/ R26 specification then. On the other hand, somewhere in the net, I've read Eibach ProKit springs might be a tad softer than Eibach Cup/Trophy/R26 springs. Might this be true?

4. Eibach Pro-Kit are not the same as OEM. They are rated softer than OEM but I have seen evidence that OEM is softer than the published rates.

5. Bought Eibach pro 25mm lowering springs for my R26 as OEM had been discontinued, though KamRacing do a Grams OEM spring now. Only fitted the rear pro lowering springs so far but seem very similar to the stock longer Eibach OEM R26 springs.

6. oem discontinued..bus as above Kam do a grams kit with the same spring rates.
    Oem springs were terribly priced though at nearly £100 a spring...!