Not Normal Dan's R26 F1

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by not normal dan, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Pic 3 for me

2. Awesome pics!!

3. there's some more crackers on the link that Ste left

4. So today I spent a couple of hours swapping the brakes lines for the braided goodridge ones earlier in the thread and giving the car its final once over before the trip to the ring Friday

Anyone pics of front hoses

[​IMG]

Also changed the brake fluid for rbf 660 race fluid, all bits for JJC with discount

Pedal feels seems much more positive now especially coming down from high speeds.

Also few weeks ago replaced the knackered boot wiring loom and fitted some new smd number plate light units

[​IMG]

In my opinion it's a little cheap touch which makes them look a little more premier lol

Anyway all in all I'm so happy with how the cars performing on track and road now!

5. So little lacking in terms of updates but it's been a busy few weeks for the megane.

So August 14, midnight I set off to Germany to the Nurburgring. It's been a few years since I last went and I've been itching to get back ever since.

So we headed for the euro tunnel, had. 4.20 train to catch and for once no delays.

[​IMG]

We landed in France for 6 o'clock there time and then I laid the hammer and set about making good progress stopping once for fuel in Belgium.

One thing is will say in European roads seem a lot less congested. Anyway 4 hours later and we pulled up at our destination.

[​IMG]

Megane took the journey in its stride and lapped up the miles. We couldn't check in straight away so we head to the complex for a wonder around and take in the sights of the Adac masters.

Eventually we checked in, dumped luggage, tools and various spares and headed for the track for 5.30. Weather had been hit and miss all day but the sun came out for me first lap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did for laps in total, not breaking records just good clean and quick laps. Managed 9.38btg with a yellow flag so I was quite happy with that, I found biggest issue was track knowledge but watching the video back there's loads of room to stay on the power.

[​IMG]

Even did a wet lap Sunday which is certainly an experience especially when the fog dropped, still gave you a little more time to take in the surroundings.

[​IMG]

Visited the legendary pistenklause for a steak too, it had to be done!

[​IMG]

And a pizza down at pinnocios in adenau

[​IMG].

Where I happened to make some "car friends" haha

[​IMG]

All in all it was an epic trip, car performed faultlessly all 5 days and really cemented its future haha

Here's the quickest of the 4 laps

https://youtu.be/t40qbud3Wog

6. But wait folks that's not it yet, fresh back on UK soil and less then a week later I was up on track at the MSV Renault Sport day at Oulton Park.

Was my first trackday at Oulton Park and to say the least I was looking forward too it!

So headed up after work the night before and stopped at a local premier inn to save the rush in the morning and to be honest for me it made it much more enjoyable.

So a few clips from the day

Chasing Steve in the Trophy R

https://youtu.be/KSVf2btzaFY

I had a go in the regular trophy which was also very impressive and I even got complimented on my driving!

Also met Paul or R26 man as he's known who now owns glens old Meg. Very friendly chap and certainly putting the car to good use.

Here's a couple of clips me and Paul put together

http://youtu.be/7zoJpGhqTHs

https://youtu.be/mL5M5kkKlaI

Towards the end of the day the heavens opened but this didn't put a stop to the fun, very impressed with the RSR's only had a couple of moments under braking.

The car completed 200 miles on Track that day and I think is a true testament to the capabilities.

Few shots

Paddock full of Renaults

[​IMG]

Home time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really was a great day, went home with a smile from ear to ear and made a few new friends!

Now just for Mallory park in a couple of weeks then I think I may be hanging the boots up till the new year, also wanting to make some more changes to the megane for next year

7. Dan any chance you could clear your inbox , wanna try and pick your useful brain about something :wink: but says inbox is full.

8. It's clear mate :wink:

9. So yet again this car impresses me with its capabilities.

So few weeks ago the usual gang I've been doing trackdays this year mentioned Mallory Park, so without hesitation we got it booked up!

So Mallory is very local to myself, about 40 minutes as its all back roads as I've only ever spectated once there at an RTOC day so I'm not overly familiar.

So arrived early, about 8ish on a nice fresh and crisp Sunday morning!

[​IMG]

No fancy pit lane setup here, I really liked the grassroots feel of the circuit. Now being so small I was a little concerned with me losing interest but that wasn't the case!

Only gripe was that it can be awkward overtaking but a flash of the headlights and a dart here and there sorts it haha

Had a great day, knocked the edge off the NSF tyre thanks to Gerrards but it's all good fun!

[​IMG]

My mate popped down with his missus and lad, took him and his missus out for a few fast laps and they both loved it!

There youngun was itching to get out for a drive haha

[​IMG]

My mate happens to be a Motorsport engineer worked on the likes of clio cup and ginettas :wink:

No doubt @MrBurns will be along to add a few more pictures and I'll so add my footage once it's all edited

10. PictureManâ„¢ is here!

20956161473_0df1d80f83_c.jpg

21550166856_f2efaca332_c.jpg

21388511138_e554e4b370_c.jpg

21585183021_09f64d476f_c.jpg

21389293388_4bc2f837e7_c.jpg

21388287420_1ccab96e60_c.jpg

21388488738_5f4fb2057a_c.jpg

11. Nice photos at Mallory, it's a nice little fun track.
    What's the reasoning behind removing the plates?

12. For when he sells it, it's never been on track has it.

13. But yet it's plastered all over the forum with the normal plates on too. Makes no difference really just leave the plates on, if you don't want a car that's been tracked don't buy a renaultsport because most of them have. That's what they're made for.

14. Cheers mate, lovely local track. I was a little concerned I may of got board when I booked it as my average lap times were under a minute but its a barrel of laughs

Last time I checked the likes of autotrader, pistonheads and ebay weren't directly linked the RSMegane.

I totally agree with the point of having a Renault sport is to drive the wheels off them but potential buyers may not have this opinion

15. So just booked oulton on the 10th of November

16. I just meant if someone was that worried about it and wanted to find out it wouldn't be hard to see its been on track.

17. Road tyres fitted how would they tell?? Either way I'm not fussed, it's my toy lol and it gets pampered more then most

18. Anyone can come on here and look, that's how. I just don't understand why you would want to hide the fact it's been on track. Specially if it gets pampered.

19. All you need to do is google your reg plate and all the pictures come up with your Clio and the Megane, it even shows the meganes original plate. I don't really care I'm just pointing out its a pointless exercise.

20. Fucking hell mate, you've really got a bee in your bonnet about this ain't you mike.

Relax I'll do what I do you stick to what your doing mate :wink:

21. Just a silver R26 on track, could be anyone's

22. Na I don't, like I said I don't really care, I was purely just pointing out the fact that it's pointless and if someone wanted to find out they could. There's no need to take offence

23. No offence taken mate, there's always moderators to delete threads after all :wink:

24. Good if your not insured on track as well, get it home and put your claim in, that's why when I book mine I put another name and car down

25. As we know mines all legit for track use but every little helps :wink:

26. So few little updates, apart from keeping it clean and enjoying it I haven't really done much.

Took deliver of a few parts

[​IMG]

Including a new forge recirc valve, been wanting one of these for a while now ever since I've been running more boost.

I did get in on the group buy but it seemed to go a little quiet so I rang around got a bit of discount and a few springs chucked in.

Also got a few powder coated bits including inlet, engine mount bracket and Cambelt cover.

They were payment for a favour and will go nice with the new build

27. Looking good mate, love the stealthy look!

28. Cheers mate, the final build of the new engine next year will be quite low key.

Gonna try and keep things black and grey so it doesn't look so in your face tbh

Anyway, got a photo sent off the engineer who is making my shortshift. He's a friend of a friend and only did it to help me out but can't wait to get it fitted.

[​IMG]

Hopefully get me powerflex engine mounts before I come to fit this as I cba removing the battery box twice haha

29. So woke up this morning, one job on the to do list.... Fit me forge recirc valve.

So popped down to me old mans as all me tools are there and got cracking.

Old valve compared to new one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stripped the forge item and applied a little grease to the threads before fitting in just incase I ever need to get into it and to prevent any corrosion

New valve fitted

[​IMG]

30. I want one of those for a bit more noise

31. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

do they make more noise? my mate has a focus RS and another an Astra VXR and both have really good sounding flutters, if this will do that im getting one too!

32. I'm sure the recirc valve makes no difference to noise, you need a chavvy dump valve for that.

33. You get a flutter at low boost but that's about it.

I'm running a ktec intake kit so you get a load of noise off that when you let off but it has changed the tone.

34. Mine sounds ace with the diy style induction kit. But with the standard green Spring it was quiet, the yellow Spring seems much better.

35. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

got a forge dump valve but not keen on the sound, dan - do you know what spring yours is running? Ive got the ITG induction kit on mine so get loads of noise but be nice to have something better sounding than the dump valve upon lift off

36. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

I got more chatter from the Forge re-circ valve when building up / lifting off throttle.

37. Same here.

Well did

38. Yeah what gray said

39. Depends on your filter, with a pipercross viper mine was fluttering, but with the moded standard airbox not.

40. Yellow spring, as gray said under light load you get a flutter other then that it's just like before