Not Normal Dan's R26 F1

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by not normal dan, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Was brilliant again Dan, a diet and a good seat will work wonders mate .

2. I love that track

3. Yeah me too Steve, one of me favourites now. Think I know the way without satnav haha

4. Glad you do I've not got a clue

5. I've put the 12th thread up mate (EVO RUN)

6. Sweet

7. Great pics Dan - car's looking awesome

8. Cheers mate, I like to use it for what it's intended for haha

9. Haha, damn right, my coilovers will be here next week, then I have ZERO excuses.. I have a track night in Sept, but hoping to get 2 in before it!! :smiley:

10. Love the look of that circuit I must try and get on there.

11. Yeah now my cars at a point where I'm happy I'm going to try and average 1 a month but I am also paying for my wedding as it stands lol

12. So that's it the tunnel is booked and me and missus are off to the Nurburgring in August in the megane!

Get another one of these, with the Meg

[​IMG]

Can't wait!!!

13. Done Caldwell on my bike a few times is it not very thin for cars!!! It's only an hour or so away from me it's very tempting never done a car track day

14. Quality mate!!! :smiley:

15. It is quite thin but there's always room for a pass

16. Nah as Steve says plenty of place for overtaking, two wheels on the grass is always as option

17. Aye bit of very late braking works a treat too

18. With 2 wheels on the grass

19. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Good price on the DS's there Dan! I'd get them now if my flywheel wasn't coming tues

20. My flywheel was cheaper then yours :wink: lol

Tbh it's me third set in a year so I ain't paying retail haha

21. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Yeh? You've lost me fella.

22. Back door Ttv lol

23. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Touché...

Contact called Steve?

24. Rings a bell lol :wink:

You going r26r clutch anyway??? What's your plans afterwards

25. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Haha. Yeh I pay him come this tues. R. Clutch and cold side of 250 blower, then just use her. Got injectors on before LM and she absolutely flew. Fell back in love with her. She needs new pads so I'll put some more DS 1.1s unless I take the ones a mate in the clip cup has offered me. Getting a CCR front ARB from renaultsport too.

Anyway I won't spam your thread mate I'll update mine over next day or so.

26. I just took some clio cup car pads out that I inherited, same part as ds1.11 just branded clio cup on the back

27. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Yeh? Off the 197/200 shape though isn't it. I've been offered the PF compound off the new car, been used for testing that's all... Not 100%, might just stick to the DS.

28. So got a pile of bits and pieces for the megane ready for me to fit whilst I'm off.

So recently I've been getting the odd knock at low speed when applying a bit of lock either pulling away or going from reverse to forward and put it down to the drivers side driveshaft.

The intermediate being had spat all its grease out and had a bit of play in as did the cv so ordered a new one from the guys at Renault parts direct

[​IMG]

Great service, quick delivery!

Next up was me boot loom, that too has corroded and some pins have snapped off.

So a new one of them along with some more fresh oil and plugs from the guys at Wolverhampton Renault who still offer discount.

And last but not least some new brake fluid and lines from JJC, again with discount haha

[​IMG]

Can't wait to get cracking and get it all tip top for more trackdays and its ring trip in a few weeks!

29. did you finish the door handle key less entry in the end?

30. How much was the shaft? I think I may need one.

31. I didn't start it did I :confused:

170 delivered iirc or something around that mark lol

32. Few bits to update swapped the driveshaft out on the drivers side, came out in two bits!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also gave it a bit of a service in prep for the big trip.

Then I stripped and rebuilt me hubs today with some new bearings from Derby bearings.

People seem to be afraid of these hubs but the job really is a piece of cake and can be done with basic tools.

New bearings, quality skf items

[​IMG]

Hub stripped

[​IMG]

Old bearings

[​IMG]

All built up

[​IMG]

Really is an easy job and even though mine weren't in such a bad state it really has improved the drivability and doesn't seem to wander so much

33. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

what's the driveshaft like to change? think mines on its way out, im getting a clicking at low speed when turning. sounds like a stone in the tyre

34. Tell you what, Dan is brilliant , I dropped the shitter off to him last night for quite a few jobs for him to do on it to get it ready for track work, can't wait to get it back, just a shame he's not got his own garage , can't recommend the guy enough , he's a real nice chap and a real enthusiast who takes great pleasure in what he does, the shitter is in very good hands.

35. Yeah sounds like a possible cv joint.

Not a bad job tbh mate, undo driveshaft nut, remove caliper, track rod end, droplink and 3 13mm bolts that bolt hub to lower arm. Then remove under undertray and brace and undo 13mm that holds intermediate bearing cap in.

Pull hub out and remove outer cv then a good yank and pull shaft out, just be careful not to damage driveshaft seal.

Took me about 30 minutes all in all but mine has been to pieces before.

Cheers Steve, I do enjoy what I do and I'm clearly a sucker for punishment when it comes to renaults

36. MBC

MBC

Very shiny and bright! The joys of being a photographer ☺️

37. That looks mint Steve , you need to come over and do some of mine mate like we discussed , I don't mind paying mate

38. Cars looking immense Dan,

Great pics SteBurns!

39. Picture number 1+2 do it for me