Not Normal Dan's R26 F1

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by not normal dan, Jul 6, 2014.

1. I used them on my r26 for track, loved them, loads of tread too so lasted forever and got all 4 for £300, bargain! Not fun in the rain though, any standing water was sketchy at best. Ran them on the road between trackdays but wouldnt want to run them as a road tyre again. Would get something like the supersport like jamie said better for all weather cond

2. That's it I can't justify a 888 etc for the road purely as it's an overkill and if it gets a puncture that's not repairable it's just a pisser where as this for 80odd quid it's not the end of the world

3. So been fairly busy recently, family commitments, wedding planning, work and fixing other folks cars!

As well as the RSR's I've also inherited a pair of dunlop direzza's which intend to use on the front when I get some spare wheels and maybe even buy another pair!

[​IMG]

I got these of a pal Steve from the Meg forum after doing him a few favours on his r26r

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So today I got me arse into gear and down the tyre shop to have the RSR's fitted

[​IMG]

So far I can't comment on them, I've driven from the tyre shop to home and to work tonight and they seem to hold up well so far in the rain and even the odd bit of standing water but I don't drive like a prick in w**k conditions either way.

4. How are you finding the BC's now they've been on for a while mate?

5. Sound tbh mate, make various adjustments although I need to turn them down as I cranked them up when sprinting and it does make it a little harsh on the road.

Looking forward to cadwell in a few weeks and see how it's improved, I may go for the stiffer rears springs eventually but I'll see how it goes on

6. So as of late the meganes been getting a little slow turning over in the morning, doesn't seem to be a drain and the alternator is working fine so thought I'd treat it too a new battery. After all the battery fitted was still the original for 2007.

Old battery

[​IMG]

New Battery fitted

[​IMG]

Got an exide one which is slightly higher rated then the original and comes with a 3 year guarantee so for 50 quid it wasn't bad.

So just to give it a quick spanner check and drop of fluids before Cadwell on the 6th

7. I took a pic of our Daniel at Curborough today... Was a right good day and I even stayed on the track lol.

17241560156_f6daa840da_c.jpg

8. Haha you beat me too it, yeah great days for sure!

Just editing the vids now for YouTube.

Ordering fresh fluids yesterday for a quick change before Cadwell

9. First video from yesterday, steady run as it was me first run and didn't quite know how much grip surface was going to offer with the rain.

Bc's were still set fairly soft but got jacked up afterwards :smile:

http://youtu.be/-zJRpXHyhKk

10. Fresh fluids, just waiting for the filter to turn up.

[​IMG]

Proper looking forward to Cadwell next week now!

11. So then today gave it a quick once over before next week and changed the oil and filter and gearbox oil

Didn't find any nastys although pads are a tad low so they'll be changed before Wednesday

[​IMG]

12. Cheers mate, was really getting into the track after me first session. Managed 80 miles or a tad more in the 2 and a half hours evening session.

Just booked on for the 10Th of June now!

13. Yeah I saw it on the description about 10 mins into the vid, couldn't believe it was your first time!

The car seems really well set up and stable as well mate- you've give your meg so much tlc its great to see you enjoying it like that :smile:

I need to grow a pair and book my track tutition now as well, got a new set of PSS to replace the Eagle F1s, and then to finally make a choice about suspension....

I did enjoy Steve overtaking as well lol

Facilities also looks brilliant at Cadwell

14. Yeah I've done a couple of sessions at shows in clios and then a ring trip in me old trophy clio but I don't class them as track days.

I did Donington last year when the car was standard and I was impressed so I set to work to improve areas I felt needed attention.

Yeah Steve was quicker through the corners he's done a fair few track days and a fair few at cadwell.

15. Video looks good. GoPro? How'be got it set up? Noticed the adhesive mount wasn't used.

16. I've got a great vid of a battle with an Audi, he just would not let me through, he gave up in the end, no idea how to upload from the sd card in the go Porto YouTube though, no idea what so ever.

17. Put the memory card in the post to me Steve might be quicker ;-)

18. Yeah gopro 3 hero hd silver plus. Attached to window screen with adhesive mount

19. You can hear the noise of the Ti system when it went past

20. Yeah that's a noise you can't replicate. Shame i buggered up with the video of the laps when you came out with me

21. Nice driving Dan, I'd like to do Cadwell soon looks great

22. Cheers mate, it's a very rewarding track and I loved it so much I'm there next month on the 10th :smile:

Must say though I'd like the PF330mm brake setup Steve1 has on his R real impressive

23. Aye, worth a good few seconds a lap, mind you some say HC plain discs are just as good , utter bollox

24. Little delivery today, fresh set of ds1.11's from JJC race and rally. Heads up they offer club discount so there 156 delivered

[​IMG]

Also it's been rather neglected past few months so out came the detailing gear

[​IMG]

Pre jet wash
    Af citrus power
    Af Avalanche snow foam
    Two bucket megs wash
    Bilt hammer de ironised
    Bilberry wheel cleaner
    Autobrite direct cherry gloss
    Autobrite direct project 32
    Megs tyre gel
    Megs glass cleaner
    Af trim restore

25. Thanks for the info on pads mate.

Need some for the new brake setup :smile:

26. Yeah just email them, I dealt with Dave and he sorted it then sent me a paypal request and in less then 24hours they were in my hands

27. We still need a photoshoot Dan my man!

28. Sounds good. I'm not overly impressed with the ds2500 so I'm looking to change soon.

29. Daz

Daz

Good deal on the pads, I'm still considering my options!

30. Could do with some better shots of mine.

☺️

31. Me too Steve

32. yeah we do Ste, weathers picking up now with the light nights

Yeah I think from what others said the 2500 struggle with the heavier cars, I was always happy with them on clio

33. We'll have to organise a mini-meet somewhere picturesque.

34. Yeah how are you fixed for 12th of July????

Me and Steve1 are on about taking a blast out over Wales/evo triangle

35. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Count me in for that!

I am sure Jacob would be up for it as well :smile:

36. Will give you a shout

37. So hit Cadwell again Wednesday afternoon, went up with Steve1 and as usual we had a great afternoon, weather was banging and got chatting to a few like minded enthusiasts as you do.

[​IMG]

As always the Meganes performed faultlessly and really showed there worth on track.

Took a few things away with me to do before the Oulton RS day in August.

First off as the night went on the brakes felt a tad spongy, I'm putting it down to fluid as I'm not sure when it was last changed and everything else is brand new and always need happy with DS1.11's. So first off is a full fluid change and some braided lines.

Secondly I'm gonna replace the standard 4kg rear springs that come with the BC fast road to 7kg to match the front

And last but not least it's going on a diet and getting some fixed seats!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So all in all really happy with the car and my track work seems to be going from strength to strength