Not Normal Dan's R26 F1

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by not normal dan, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Cheers Ste

Yeah MTEC are worth a shout, just let them know you've got a r26 with 30mm bearings, although they got me pads wrong :worried:

2. So this morning the door bell was rang at 7.30! Not good when you were on piss last night!

I knew exactly what it was so I peeled myself out of bed and hop, skipped and jumped down the stairs!

Not to convinced the post man wanted to see me in me boxers but I had to sign for the missing piece of the puzzle!

[​IMG]

Deka 630cc injectors

[​IMG]

Courtesy of sas auto customs, a saab tuner based in Cornwall from what I gather and at 205 quid delivered they were cheapest on the net

3. Looking like a trip to rst to have them mapped in.
    Just out of interest which springs did you get for your coilovers. Also how many clicks do you have front & rear. I bought the track spring kit & have 10 clicks front & 8 rear.
    Lee

4. Yeah it's booked in on the 5th of March for mapping, can't wait tbh although it'll be a long day as I'm on nights the night before and it's a 200 mile round trip

I have the fast round so the 7kg front and 4kg rear iirc but I'll no doubt buy stiffer tears come trackday season.

As for setup I always run quite stiff at the rear as it really helps with turn in!

5. My way of thinking was that I would buy the stiffer set up & wind the compression off for road use. However it's ok round town but on country roads it bounces about all over. How it is set up now it feels a bit too firm for the road but any less on the dampers & it bounces about. I spoke to someone yesterday who had the road set up on their car (different make of car) & said the road set up was too soft.
    Lee

6. Tbh mate it's ideal I use a lot of country roads to work and although it's rather bumpy at times I can still carry pace

In terms of comparing them I personally don't think you can on the road which is why I'll wait till me next track day as swapping rear springs takes minutes and I haven't got cadwell booked till may the 6th so I'll no doubt get the 7kg rears for then

7. Should have let me known Dan, I have the guys number and can get the injectors for £180 posted :wink:

8. I'll remember that in future mate if I need a set again, I didn't think 205 was too bad considering rst charge 240 but guess they have more overheads etc

9. I can get them for £165 with ten people interested but setting up a good group by is nigh on impossible.

I'm ready for mapping so may have a drive with you :wink:

10. Yeah I'm booked in on Thursday the 5th of March! Can't wait tbh!

Have you got hybrid?

Yeah I can't believe how hard it is to get some people to commit to such a saving

11. So first bit of decent weather so gave the Meg a clean and got the sunstrip on.

Went for Matt black as I like the fact it doesn't stand out and looks a little "racey"

So I took some measurements and put a couple of lines of masking tape on the scene for a rough guide.

I then sprayed soapy water on and peeled the backing off and place the strip on the screen and moved it into position.

I then trimmed it wit a scalpel and proceeded to get the air and creases out with a 3m vinyl felt squeegee

And here's the results

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ill send you a RETLAW ROOFING sticker for it

13. Where's the N? Haha

14. You covered the light sensor then?

15. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

We looked at that yesterday on yours!

16. Yes mate just turned off the auto lights, I never run with them on anyway as when I come into the courtyard after a nightshift i turn the lights off for neighbours

17. So today I've brimmed the tank with some of shells finest V power ready for the trip and mapping at RS tuning Thursday!

Can't wait!

18. Good luck pal. Hoping for a healthy figure but not more than me lol

19. So headed off to RS tuning this morning after a night shift.

Steady drive up thanks to the 50mph average speed on the M1.

So got there and the guys were a little behind but the banter kept us entertained.

So Paul got the car on the rollers and we got the injectors swapped over and Paul set to work.

Slight clearance issues haha
    [​IMG]

Speccky doing a spot of photo bombing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the proof is in the pudding

[​IMG]

287.1bhp and 312ftlb by looks of the graph.

Transformed the car and the way it drives, proper savage and a load of fun!

20. So the go pro is on charge ready for some sprint action tomorrow as I'm joining up to shenstone an district car club.

This gives me access to Curborough sprint course on several members days thought out the year!

[​IMG]

I've been there to watch now and again for several years but more so after meeting Ste Burns.

Anyone free is more then welcome to pop down, it's 25 quid for a years membership which entitles you to several members days where you'll get to drive the track and entry into other events.

Really is a great venue with a wide variety of cars and enthusiasts.

21. I should be off to curbs in April. Looks like fun.

22. Who you doing it with?

23. So few pics from today, met Ste Burns down there and Steve1 came down in his R.

Really good day got a few vids when I remembered to switch on the GoPro lol.

Few pics of the Megs together

My R26 and Ste's R

[​IMG]

Another

[​IMG]

And Mr Burns trophy too

[​IMG]

I'll edit the gopro vids and bang them up later. Was a really good day and great selection of cars, really worth the 25 quid to join up and gives you access to around 8 members days like this!

24. Like i've said before, you'll all have to come over to wales for a drive lol.

Cars looking good dude!

25. Soon as the weather pics up we'll all be over shag

26. Aye, some nice cars their today Dan

27. Yeah I had a good day mate, car definitely impressed me with the coilovers. Just been watching footage and I actually look fairly smooth and some decent pace.

I'll bang them up once edited, but for now it's Chinese time haha

28. So first run has been edited and is live on YouTube. Concentrated on keeping it smooth but still carrying pace and just trying to take in what I had watched

http://youtu.be/aBlRB35ps2I

I did get the odd pop sound which I'm certain came from the exhaust but I haven't been able to create it on the road as of yet.

29. 2nd video, little bit more pace although I did single the noise down to the pop from the exhaust so did back off a tad but cant wait to get back there again

http://youtu.be/n9G3SxrnmnM

I have found the car a little more tricky to drive since mapping as traction in 2nd is questionable!

30. So Adam posted how he had managed to get his hands on some more r26r spoilers and how stock was limited.

I've wanted one for a while but just never got round to ordering one but thought I'd better act fast

Phone call yesterday and this is here today

[​IMG]

31. Happy days - the spoiler is the 1st ever exterior mod I've done on any car - I love the way it finishes off the rear! :smile:

32. Yeah gives them a much better rear end profile, I'll get it painted when it goes in for its refresh soon

33. So bit of a shop about for tyres, read various reviews and spoke to various folk and finally settled for these from oponeo.

Went for the 595rsr in a 235/40/18 in the end. Spoke to a few folk who seem happy with them but more so me pal who won the pro british drift championship last year.

He's sponsored by Driftworks and has been in Motorsport all his life so if there good for his 650bhp m3 they'll do for my humble megane.

Just received the first pair off oponeo, still waiting for the other 2

[​IMG]

34. When did you order out of interest? I'm waiting on both of mine from Monday :-( they promise 48hour delivery...

35. Saturday mate, I spoke to the chap when he rang to confirm my order and he said it would take a week roughly of which I didn't mind as I was in no hurry

36. dan what made you go for 235's over 225's

im in this debate myself over tyre widths at the minute

37. Well 235 is the size that comes on the car from factory all be it PS3 and there's no difference in price between the two.

If I could only get the tyre in a 225 I would still of bought it but the size difference is minimal and can't see any benefit q

38. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RS-Rs come up wide anyway for their size, Their 235 is more like a 245 road tyre and the ones i had where about the same width as my 245 AD08's

39. I'm looking forward to getting them fitted tbh, especial as weather is slowly starting to pick up

40. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They are a great tyre for what they cost, I've ran them on the Megane and previous cars.
    Was debating whether to get them again as I need new tyres but just going to go with Super Sports