Not Normal Dan's R26 F1

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by not normal dan, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Do you have any clips posted with Cadwell?

S.

2. Yeah got a few vids just trying to put them on YouTube which seems to take an age lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. those are some impressive times, Snetton is a bit too far from me tempted by cadwell on the 8th as mentioned above checked online and looks like 4 r26 are already booked on. and then maybe one last time in aug / sept.

4. Yeah Snett is a long way, very fast and technical and tbh I'd probably make a night of it. I am tempted to do Cadwell again after such a great day Sunday and I have 100 quid MSV voucher to use haha

On another note got the Megane back from paint shop!

52A180E0-1768-44FE-9F7E-BE2FD79C889F_zpse9ysaydu.jpg

The R spoiler really finishes them off, had the quarter repaint and blown in and the bit to the front due to poor previous job at Renault!

5. Some awesome updates mate the spoiler looks a lot better, really need to get to Cadwell. Gutted I couldn't make it, work commitments :worried:
    Have you booked an evening at donington yet Dan? I'm booked on with circuit days 20tg June if you and Steve fancy it? I've not text Steve about it yet.

6. I've just booked the 27th evening Chriss through javelin £129

7. Yeah looking forward to it, get some more weight out of mine before then haha

8. Few bits I'll get done before hopefully

9. So Donington was fun, 100 mile in 3 hours and just enough fuel left for the 12 mile journey home.

66E9A0DD-506C-403E-AFAC-377C3182050E_zpscrzwi8pz.jpg

Really can't fault this car it just seems to get quicker and quicker on track or maybe that's me lol.

Bought some R fog light blanks of a chap on Facebook

D079B907-1E9C-4B21-91D5-E5D4904842FF_zpsglv0swdc.jpg

There's been a bit of a dodgy smell which has turned out to be a blow from downpipe so I've ordered a new gasket and some studs to resolve that from RPD.

Also got some AST's on the way, the BC's have been great but the ride quality of the AST's when the going gets rough is just more superior which I can only put down to the valving in the shocks.

Really want to take this car up a peg again this year so cage, plastic Windows and a brake up grade along with the AST's will hopefully take it there

jwilliams and Daz like this.
  10. Oh hai!
    Liking silver very much.

not normal dan likes this.
  11. Cheers mate, I always wanted a white or LY but this come up at right price and looks good in some photos lol

12. Nah silver is always a good colour. Wish I'd got a silver ctr. I'd like an LY but think it'd do my head in after a while. Bit brash. White definitely tho.

13. Yeah plus yellow would be costly come painting time lol

Danith likes this.
  14. So today I logged onto bookface today and this came up from a year ago!

E1A6FB12-26D9-4CE4-9EB7-9EB7EAFCCA7F_zpspeudoixe.jpg

A drive out round Wales with a few lads from RsMegane including @Gray and @TheRussian.

Had a phone call from Curtis at AST today and fingers crossed I should be collecting them before the end of the week but no breath has been held lol.

Also had a little delivered off RPD

B6AE4897-C880-428E-BE62-F182777BA841_zpsbfr2vfit.jpg

New exhaust gasket and lock nuts for the downpipe to sort out the pesky blow

mr.clarke. and Gray like this.
  15. That's gone dead quick!!

Your car has come so far...mines been sold and bought back and cleaned Hahahaha.

16. Yeah has flown by, so much has happened in the past year!

Mines gone from a gone from a fairly comfy fast car to a empty plastic and tinfoil track car lol

17. There here

5A58C9D7-8224-4884-8594-2AD54278542B_zpswrch3s9f.jpg

Met Curtis down at AST this morning, the quality is bang on just can't wait to get them on!

sunnylunn and Danith like this.
  18. So got round to fitting the AST's today had a few small delays like me wedding!

Quick snap from the day

0D83276B-38A0-45D1-BB76-72F26B2CE03A_zpsrhalgkop.jpg

Also pinched me aunties range for a couple of days which was a joy to drive compared to me daily cup and the 26 lol

D1995D0D-E4F8-42BF-A236-95F82945B2D4_zpsxk8goaah.jpg

Only got a few pics today was rushing due to the rain that was looming

5D5071A0-0E65-46E7-84B1-23B6E177D2BF_zpsbipfy2ly.jpg

32A4AA1A-3ABF-4E7F-ADF6-4F6FECC3989E_zpszelxfjr4.jpg

Rear gets rid of inboard springs and runs traditional coil-over-Spring setup!

Ride quality is next level, some compliant and smooth probably better then standard and worlds apart from the BC's!

No doubt down the the actual dampers though.

Geo tomorrow and Trackday Wednesday

Danith likes this.
  19. Thought I saw some wedding bantz on your instagram. Congrats! Mine in March

not normal dan likes this.
  20. Yeah was a great day tbh, although it flew by!

You'll want a honey moon just to try and get over post wedding blues lol

Danith likes this.
  21. So then been to get the alignment done, when stripping yesterday I made a small paint mark on the strut top.

Paid off as the camber was bang on at 2 degrees, just the toe needed tweeking as if upset that slightly!

Some guys run more camber but if I'm honest the Megane feels great and wears the tyres nice and evenly (except for Mallory, god dam Gerrards) so why change it........

22. So then got a fair bit done recently!

Swapped the downpipe and front wheel bearing, just a few more bits to do before Angelssey

Oil and filter swap
    Bleed brakes
    Replace plugs and helicoil coil pack thread
    Swap pads and try and jiggle the exhaust some more!

Pictures to come tomorrow haha

But in the mean while I've got a new toy on the way!

5ECC9EFF-8E5E-4294-86A4-CE1C002682D0_zpsahdsu4tn.jpg

Total contrast I know but there's a story behind it [emoji106]

So I've always been a closet scooter fan, you could say it's in my blood so to speak.

Back when I was 16 I had one albeit nothing as classy but it was a Peugeot variant dripping in P&M tuning goods but back to it!

My late uncle who passed away a good 13 years ago at the age of 37 was big into vespas and lambretta's and the whole skinhead/mod thing and had a collection of them.

Since then my auntie has remarried again to a top chap called Jon, and guess what he's into them in a big way! Has a collection of around 7 scoots one of me late uncles he's kept running and looking great [emoji106]

Anyway long story short he's recently took delivery of a 200cc Scomadi last week that he's been waiting a long while for! There basically a modern remake based on a lambretta 200gp and have been designed and developed by 2 British companies one being P&M tuning and the other being lambretta innovations! They've gone down a storm on the scene too!

Anyway I saw jons and loved it so took a trip to a local dealer, 15 minutes later I'd put a deposit down on a mint green TL!

1A2C5525-B5EB-4457-8850-2D8BCE4FABDC_zpsrcrxe7n7.jpg

As you can imagine this will be getting fettled with [emoji106]

Bill1976 and Danith like this.