265 Non-starting issue

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nitro94, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Hi,
    Just gone to get in my megane and won’t start… engine is turning over just not starting. I’m at a loss as to what’s causing it. It’s not even attempting to fire up.
    Drove it yesterday no issues.
    It’s never had any running issues.
    Spark plugs are fairly new, coils haven’t been replaced since I owned the car but I’d assume they would die 1 at a time and not all 4 at once so I would get it started but running rough if there was a coil issue (I’m assuming the same for injectors too).
    Fuel filter has been replaced in last 2 years. Fuel is making it to the injectors, I’ve removed a hose to check. Fuel pump is priming on ignition. Always been run on good quality 98/99 octane fuel.
    Aftermarket induction kit fitted and air filter is clean.
    I’m stuck at this point. I figured it could be an electrical issue somewhere. We’ve had some bad rain over the last 24h and I noticed my drains were blocked at the front under the windscreen wipers but I have no idea where to start chasing that down.
    Only thing I can think of is water has buggered the ignition fuse/relay but I havent been able to locate a good fuse box diagram yet.
    Any ideas on what to check next would be much appreciated.
    I would take it to a garage or get a mechanic usually at this point but Sod’s Law it’s Saturday and I need the car tomorrow.
    Thanks

2. Check the fuse on the Battery terminal. For better access to drain holes, remove wipers and scuttle panel.Poke A drain cleaning spring, or something similar, down both holes.

3. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

or an air line, but make sure your at arms reach :laughing::laughing:

4. Attached Files: