Sponsored By:  

Non returning clutch pedal on track?

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Stock265cup, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Go on then, tell us how he managed that, the fluid feed is at the top, so the slave cannot be drained fully, unless he turned the car upside down :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2. DV8

DV8

His words:

Basically sucking the old shit out of the reservoir, chucking new stuff in, flush the clutch lines down to the bleed nipple, getting a full clutch pedal back, while holding the pedal down release the bleed nipple which forces fluid out of the slave cylinder as well as the master cylinder, and repeat until all shitty fluid is out if there! Uses a fair bit of fluid but it works

3. DV8

DV8

@ianplymouth It totally solved my fluid related clutch issue which ruined a pretty expensive track day. Why remove the clutch if this method works?

4. If its solved your clutch problem then that's great, but there will be some old fluid left, maybe not enough to cause a problem.

I flushed through my 225 clutch, never had a problem with that ever,( it only seems to be a mk3 problem) but when i removed the slave cylinder to replace the clutch you wouldn't believe the colour of the stuff that came out.

5. Interesting, is this clutch fluid flush job difficult/awkward to do. How long does the job take would you say?

6. Ditto that at Knockhill pedals all good and not too hot.