Sponsored By:  

Non returning clutch pedal on track?

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Stock265cup, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Go on then, tell us how he managed that, the fluid feed is at the top, so the slave cannot be drained fully, unless he turned the car upside down :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2. DV8

DV8

His words:

Basically sucking the old shit out of the reservoir, chucking new stuff in, flush the clutch lines down to the bleed nipple, getting a full clutch pedal back, while holding the pedal down release the bleed nipple which forces fluid out of the slave cylinder as well as the master cylinder, and repeat until all shitty fluid is out if there! Uses a fair bit of fluid but it works [emoji106][emoji106]

3. DV8

DV8

@ianplymouth It totally solved my fluid related clutch issue which ruined a pretty expensive track day. Why remove the clutch if this method works?

4. If its solved your clutch problem then that's great, but there will be some old fluid left, maybe not enough to cause a problem.

I flushed through my 225 clutch, never had a problem with that ever,( it only seems to be a mk3 problem) but when i removed the slave cylinder to replace the clutch you wouldn't believe the colour of the stuff that came out.

5. Interesting, is this clutch fluid flush job difficult/awkward to do. How long does the job take would you say?

6. Ditto that at Knockhill pedals all good and not too hot.

8. Bleed the brake lines this morning, also bleed the fluid from the clutch line so hopefully all will be good with the clutch for the next few trackdays. On a small test drive clutch already has a nicer action to it and is the pedal is probably a bit lighter to use also.

9. Thanks for all the advice on bleeding the clutch line, much appreciated.

DV8 likes this.
  10. Was at Donington Park National for first time yesterday (Great Track) no issues with the clutch pedal whatsoever, so once again thanks for all the info/advice. I can sleep easier now when it comes to trackdays.

11. Unfortunately the clutch problem returned yesterday at Abingdon but it was very cold and wet so I'm not convinced ambient temp is the cause and I had rtf660 put in last summer.

It always happens towards the end of the day?

12. Hi, old thread but I'm wondering if this problem ever came back and if I now own this car! K19... I had this issue Friday at Coombe. Cheers.

13. DV8

DV8

I'm 3 years in from having changed mine to Castrol and its still works spot on, even after being baking hot.

14. Cheers, bled mine today - simple job with eezebleed (well, battery tray in an out a few times as dropped bolts twice getting it back in!). Better pedal, slight crunch (thought it was just notchiness/positive shift) gone - feels different. Fluid was fithly and poss a couple of small bubbles. Trackday booked to test!