Non resonated catback less than 95dB on rs 265?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Rausner, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

Anyone know if it's possible to use a non-resonated milltek catback on the rs 265 and still manage less than 95dB on track days?

Want more popping and thrusting from the exhaust, but need to be able to track it!

Sorry if this has already been covered!

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You will be fine with that, They really arnt that much louder with a catback on them. Lose the OEM cat to get it noisy.

3. Is it just a waste of money then?

I can get the milltek for £500..

4. I've got a Scorpion non-res on mine. Passed every trackday noise test without an issue.

Does sound a million times better with the cat removed though.

5. Sounds good. I suppose so, but that'll have to wait! Got any videos of it?

6. I have. But I'll be fucked if I can work out how to upload them from Photobucket.

If you've got Instagram, my page is Fergie_Ferg_7.

7. Ovy

Ovy

I have de cat and non res custom exhaust and still only measured 96db when tested on 250

8. Excellent, sounds good! First new wheels and tyres though!

9. My r26 with full 3 inch only rear box and no cat only tested at 83db at cadwell

10. That's quiet, decat and box chop was 96db

11. Yep, static test at cadwell 2 weeks ago, seems to fluctuate between that and 88db dependant on circuit etc and that's at 4500rpm

Obviously when under boost/load in reality it'll be louder in drive by I'd imagine

12. Btw, do you loose some of the throaty, gasping "darth vader" sound during acceleration if you change the catback?

13. Ovy

Ovy

Poss best to search the exhaust vids on YouTube ect there are plenty to delve through that wull give you ideas of exhaust tones.