R26 Non OEM lower arms

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Benno, Jun 15, 2022.

1. I'm looking to do a front end refresh soon, part of which is replacing both lower control arms as they are looking pretty ropey and they were an advisory on the last MOT. Apparently, only the oem NS arm is available as the OS arm has been discontinued by Renault and is no longer available. So I'm looking at getting non oem ones.

Does anyone have any experience of these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273142333236

Just wanting to know if these are correct and are the ball joints correct as well?

Thanks

2. Aftermarket ones are fine, never bought genuine ones too pricey.
    They look good to me, but i would and have just changed the ball joints or the bushes, just bought a pair of the big bushes i think they are around £15 each
    After

3. Thanks for the advice Ian. Ideally I'd like to keep the original arms and just change the bushes and balljoint, but the arms are pretty rusty and some areas look like more than just surface rust, I'm not sure if they could be refurbed or not.

4. Personally, I’d get them off and have them shot-blasted, you’ll soon see if they’re crusty at any point. Sometimes they look a lot worse than they are - metal can delaminate and look like it is falling apart, but I’m reality it is just a very thin outer layer. There has to be a bit of a logical approach taken as I don’t suppose anyone has a ‘corrosion allowance’ figure for these!