Noise generator

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Mikeyjp, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Hi

Possibly a strange question, but do these work by having the air pushed to them or sucked away?

and how the hell do you get to that top clip, so you can unplug it from the firewall area

2. There's a membrane in there, so technically both. Mine just pulled out of the firewall after I undid the 2 bolts holding it to the engine block.

3. As above, although I don't think it made much, if any, difference removing it.

Fairly easy job to do though. I bought a pair of 32mm silicon hose ends (from Auto Silicon Hoses), one for where the hose from the noise-generator joins the intake pipe thingyme (below the intake manifold) and the other I squeezed into the oval hole in the firewall with a bit of bathroom silicon, it fitted perfectly. I first removed the battery & tray though and also the metal pipe from the intercooler. You could just fit a 32mm metal plug to the end of the pipe where it joins the noise-generator, although I wanted to do it 'properly' and remove the hose as well.

4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

is it like the ford symposer?

5. Yup.