No throttle response Issue

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by SteveKozy, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Hi All,

I've had a few idle issues at traffic lights and cold starts during the summer but no codes, lumpy revs, hunting, flat spots - no codes. Replaced everything air/fuel/spark related and KTEC took a look but couldn't narrow it down beyond possibly it being throttle related. Car generally has driven fine and has never left me stranded.

However, its been parked up for a while due to crappy weather and thought i'd spin her up and use her for a bit while it was sunny/dry last week.

Started first, no issues. Drove her a while, parked up, went shopping and came back. The car wouldn't start again - would catch momentarily (1 or 2 seconds) then die - did this half a dozen or more times.

Checked bunch of sensors, plugs, coils etc. All looked ok. Tried again. Finally burst into life. idling as normal now BUT no throttle response at all. Foot full to the floor, 800rpm ish static. Like the pedal wasn't attached to anything!

So. Ran codes - nothing. Unplugged sensors again - coils, map sensor, throttle body. Throttle body made the engine over idle and run like crap (even when plugged back in) and only thing that sorted it out was disconnecting the battery (i.e. hard reboot). Leaving it for 15 mins, everything came back - inc. the throttle and smooth idle.

Could this be a symptom of the same throttle issue in the summer?

If anyone has had this issue then please let me know. Be interested to hear how it was diagnosed and fixed.

Cheers.
    Steve

2. SOLVED - Despite no codes. Throttle body, new vac lines, new gaskets. No issues anymore.

Conoboy likes this.