No sound from stereo... sometimes!

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Chilly248, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Hi gang, first off, I've had a good search on various forums including this one but am currently failing to solve the problem, hence this post.

Basically, the stereo in my 275 Trophy has become very temperamental - half the time choosing not to produce any sound. The display shows that I have the radio on... or am playing through the bluetooth... but no sound comes out.

I've had it where the sound suddenly comes through after 5/10 mins... and I've had it where it doesn't at all - no matter how much fiddling I do. However, getting back in the car later that day... everything works fine without a problem.

I've tried doing the soft reset by holding down the power button but that didn't seem to solve it. Worth noting also that the power button itself seems dodgy - unresponsive despite various clicking so I am not sure if it's a bigger/wider problem with the stereo?!? I've also tried removing the fuse although I am not convinced I got the right one as I couldn't seem to find a diagram online that exactly matched my fuse box layout.

ANYWAY, slightly at my wit's end with this, so any suggestions very welcome.

Thanks guys / Will

2. Just bumping this one in case anyone can shed any light. It's pretty much 95% not working now. I also have a sense that it might be connection-related as I swear it's righted itself after driving over a pot hole in the road! Although having said that, the power button doesn't even seem to respond... so not sure if the unit is faulty...

3. For a start it's got to be worth removing the stereo head unit and checking the connectors for any loose terminals etc. If there's no obvious issues there, then it's probably the head unit itself.

4. Thanks for the reply.

Stupid question, is it relatively straightforward removing it - is there a guide anywhere?

Thanks again / Will

5. Ignore - found on YouTube.