265 No more pops and bangs?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Has this happened anyone?

My 265 has always made quite a few pops and bangs on overrun, sounded amazing, for some reason in the past week it seems to have nearly totally stopped happening, I get one here and there but before it did it a lot more and I loved it.

What is going on? Has this happened anyone else? The car still pulls like a train and has definitely not lost any power.

I want my pops and bangs back...:worried:

2. Any mods on your car oink?

3. Same fuel ?

4. Ive noticed it happens more in colder temps

5. Sports button turned off? It's linked with the exhaust iirc

6. No mods at all, I used different fuel recently from another garage, it was still super unleaded and popped away, now I am back to using BP ultimate again.

Sport button is on lol, I'm not that bad :tongueout:

Really strange, I want my pops and bangs back.

7. Mine pops more in normal mode

i find I can control the pops by tapping my foot on accelerator (on overrun)just enough for the pops ,doesn't make the rev counter rise

8. I mean, in sport mode on overrun mine did a serious about of popping and banging, like a lot, and now it is all but gone :worried:

9. Mines still OK...still using BP Ultimate

10. Ah well, maybe they will come back, Or maybe I will try the other super unleaded I was using again.

11. Mine doesnt stop popping and banging after having a good thrash , I always use momentum 99

12. Suggestion : Dont use that stuff. I found it a really , really poor fuel

13. V-Power or Momentum 99 are a better quality than BP Ultimate.... and cheaper too I find.

14. +1

15. +2

16. I only use v power nitro none of the others available near me

17. We don't get all of those lovely fuels in N.Ireland though!

18. Haha I was joking mate, FYI Shell and Tesco are the only 2 petrol stations in the UK that sell 99RON. So give that a go or run some fuel cleaner? :smile:

19. We don't get Shell or Tesco Super Unleaded in N.Ireland for some really annoying reason :worried:

20. Mine used to pop and bang more when I first got it, I think it's because I was generally driving it harder. Now that I'm used to the power and have calmed down it doesn't pop and bang as much. I bet that if you give it a thrash it'll start popping and banging again

21. its when you get the exhaust hot it does it most. give it a good thrash for about a mile then i find letting off at 3k or 4k not even driving hard it pops like mad let alone overrun from high revs

22. Mine has always got a POP..........!! :smiley: (It's the Mrs's daily driver and she's caled Poppy)

Attached Files:

23. Pretty much this. Even on normal (non-sport mode) it will pop after a long enough drive out. Just get it nice and hot!

24. I think it depends how hard u ride. It increase with the decat

25. Even when a good long run thrashing it, it still hardly pops at all anymore :worried: my driving style has not changed and yet the pops are all but gone.

26. ...and that's the reason I have to use BP too.....I use Shell when I'm over in Scotland....even worse......They don't have any super unleaded in ROI....annoying as fek when I'm away down to Cork....I can just about make a tankful everywhere else but Cork, I cant!!