250 No fans and no lights on the radio

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by nick197, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Need help, on my way into work this morning I noticed that the fans aren't working. Also the lights on the radio aren't working. When I left home the lights where not working, half way they where working, now there not :worried:. Any ideas?, I'll check the fuses at break. Everything else seems fine.

2. So I've tried most of the fuses in the glovebox and they look fine. Now though the abs and spanner light is on :worried:. Any ideas?

3. Well that's strange, the fans are now working.

4. Did you get this solved permanently as I am having the same problem.

5. Maybe earthing issues?

6. We had a lot of rain the night before they stopped working, I done a search and it seems sometimes if your drainholes are blocked it can allow water and leaves in and block up the air intake to the fan and trip it out. That afternoon i tried the fans again and they were working were it had dried out. The following day i checked the drainholes and they were blocked, So i unblocked them and i've not had the problem since.
    Hope this helps mate.

7. Cheers I will have a look tomorrow, I assumed it was some sort of loose or faulty connection but can't seem to find anything