Newbie hopefully ordering a 280 soon

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Jay926, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Evening,

Newbie to this forum and to renault sports altogether, test driving a 280 tomorrow and will hopefully be putting a order in if we can come to the right deal with the dealership.

Any owners on here of a 280, what did you pay if you don’t mind sharing, what does everyone think the best colour is, I know this is subjective, just curious of what people think (I will be going for titanium grey anyway)
    What sort of miles in a tank are you getting?

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

2. If you are in the UK I think they have recently changed the range meaning even the base car is a 300

Unless you get something from stock. If thats case you should 've chasing bigger discount if taking a 280 now.

3. yeah I’m in the uk and I’m still under the impression they still have the 280’s? Even when quoting initially, they stated it would be a 3-5 month waiting list.

4. Try & get yourself a Trophy-R. Said on PH article they have not found homes for them all in 8 months and they only had 32.

Not sure how much haggling you need to do.

If its anything like the R26R which came out during the recession they only sold about half of them & think they were discounting at about 30% to move them.

I wonder if anyone will get a base spec £52k car for high £30's.....

5. Generally speaking, I'm from slovenia and here Meganes go as this:
    The 280 is the base Megane 4 RS. You can upgrade suspension and brakes, that means you have a CUP version.
    Than you have TROPHY version. It has 300 hp as standard and CUP chasiss.
    And as of today we get TROPHY-R version. This one has the same 300 hp engine as standard TROPHY, but it comes without back seats, smaller radio, optional you can delete A/C. You can also upgrade brakes and wheels to carbon, but than you are looking around 60k €.
    So in short. If you are going to use your new car as a daily driver, than I recomend you standard 280. It has sort of smooth drive and if you take EDC trans, than you get nice fart on up shifts from exhaust.
    But if you don't mind a little stiffer ride, than I would get TROPHY. It has a lot more kick when flooring it and its much more track focused than standard 280. For SLO roads it is perfect, don't know what it is in UK.
    P.s.: TROPHY-R is just a track weapon. Not recomended really for daily driver, you would loose your back tbh.

Hope that helps, and hope you understand everything :smile:

6. If you want a 280 surely a nearly new one would be best option, plenty on Autotrader. If you're going brand new you may as well haggle for a 300, pretty sure they've discontinued they 280 anyway.

7. There is a thread on ph's forum in the French section. About people getting good lease deals if thats your thing.