New toy bought

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by Lee in scunny, Sep 27, 2013.

1. I know that I mentioned that I was looking for a focus Rs..... But then I decided to go a little bit more upmarket.
    Sooooooo.

i bought this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No really got any decent pics as I only collected it this evening.

Spec is. M3 competition with the lightweight alloys, exhaust, dual clutch gearbox, electronic controlled dampers, carbon fibre roof, start stop, loads of other stuff that I've forgotten.
    Lee.

2. Sorry but they are nice to look at but I cant do it myself, lovely looking car though

3. Still got the meg though.......

4. Nice choice Lee, bit different to a Focus RS or Meg 250 / 265 :smile:

There was a guy at Croft with one of these yesterday, the sound on full bore acceleration is unreal !

5. Daz

Daz

Oooo yes!

6. I dare say ill be on track soon with it. Just to see what it's like.

7. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

That's unexpected, but lovely non the less!

8. Not as unexpected as it was for me. I took a c63amg out first.
    I just fancied a bit of comfort.
    Lee

9. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Absolutely stunning!

10. Lovely car Lee, only thing is as it's not turbo charged is a little flat until over 5 k. My mate went from a WR1 to an RS4 and missed the turbo get up and go early in the rev range.
    Still would have one over a Focus RS any day!

11. Awesome machine. I'm properly jealous Wish I was a high roller :worried:

12. Great choice

13. I was surprised that it does have a good bit of grunt low down in the rev range. The acceleration in good & I can get the power down quite easily ( compared to my meg ). Just can't work out the m settings as there are so many variables.

14. Lovely mate!! Enjoy!

my mates dad has an M5 and he took me out, when he first floored it i (initially) thought 'this isnt any quicker than my meg' then it hit 5k and went mental to like 8k+ and as soon as you are up there and shifting on paddles the acceleration is just brutal.

its got the heads up display, so neat, do the m3s have that?

Oh and they sound lovely too!

15. No heads up display. I can't find it in the I drive anyway. Like you said the acceleration is brutal when you are in m mode & on the paddles.

16. Great car but why not the saloon???

17. I don't like the look of the 4 door version. I much prefer the coupe. If I was after a 4 door it would be the c63 Amg.

18. No had a blast last week just waiting????

19. Love it mate fair play! I drove one back to back with a F430 on track last year and the M was bang on the pace.

20. That's bloody lovely!

21. Very nice, hopefully my next steed too fingers crossed.

22. It's certainly an interesting drive. Finally got the I drive all set up so that when I press the m button the settings are how I want them. In my opinion the dual clutch transmission & electronic controlled dampers are a must.
    Lee

23. Gorgeous car, is that the pearl white paint too?

24. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Nice :smile:

25. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Lovely. Proper love these M3s. My old mans got one. He let me drive it for the first and only time the morning after I wrote my Clio off.....go figure :/ Not that I was complaining. I loved it.

26. Yes it is pearl white. It looks mint when it's clean.... It's just keeping it that way.

27. Make sure you stick a GoPro on when you take it out on a track day!

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Lovely!

I'll be getting an M3 after my Megane but going for the E46

29. Lovely Lee! I was looking closely at e46's before I settled on the evo. I was behind the same model as yours having a blast over the weekend and they do sound awezum! Looks mint in white too :wink:

30. Awsome pal see you soon :thumbup::smiley:

31. Wicked choice... my mate has a special edition monte carlo blue one... he's had the exhaust done by a place where they take the baffles out of the boxes on the std exhaust and it sounds spot on... not loud but noticibke when you put your foot down! I really want one!! Lol

32. Because mine has the comp pack I get the eisenmann exhaust on mine. This sounds loads better than the oem system. The Monte Carlo colour is mint too. One of my fav colours.
    Lee.

33. Ah ok didn't realise rhe exhaust was different.. his one is rhe "monte carlo" edition.. has a black exhaust as std but I think it was simply a std exhaust with black tips... next time I see him and the car I'll try and get a vid of it... I know it sounds like a ferrari (just with the volume turned down)