R26 New Stereo wanted

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Justinb42, Aug 24, 2013.

1. I've had my R26 for couple of years now and want to be able to connect iPhone to it as have quite a bit of stuff on there (64GB):blush:. IMG_4348.jpg

Anyone know any systems that are compatible and affordable that will work with the thingamajig behind the steering wheel. Track information on the display would be a bonus :smile:

2. The car I bought had the Renault tune point in it. You can get a lead to work with iPhone through the cd changer slot. It's not perfect, but it charges and plays. Stuck a cradle on the windscreen too. You then get to keep the standard stereo for the stealth look, chuck some 6x9's in and job done.

3. Just changed my Alpine Idx-305 for an Alpine Ide178BT, excellent stereo and works with Bluetooth for both audio and hands free. bought from Halfords for £180.
    To get the display and steering remote you need to buy the adapter for around £100 though, I purchased it second hand for £50 so not too bad.

4. Think mine just has basic stereo in. Nothing like the Tunepoint.

Where can I get adapter from? Easy to fit?

5. The adapter is from Alpine, just connect original lead to it then fit both cables to the head unit.

6. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

If you fancy a double din try the avh-x3500dab. I have my eye on one, the head unit has an appmode as well which can display things like sat nav and other programs via the screen.

7. What's the adapter called?

8. Looks smart but a bit fancy mate :wink: which one'll fit better? Single or double Din?

You can tell I've done much research. Lol

9. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

That all depend on your preference. Always preferred double myself.

10. Google is your friend:-
    Model: APF-D102RE

11. If you mean tunepoint, its a little box that plugs in to the back of the head unit and is just called tunepoint. They were about £130 from Renault but Ads might get them less or a second hand one.

12. Halfords appear to have one for a reasonable sum? Anyone heard if good or bad?

13. Need a bit more info mate, Halfords have a good one what? The exact model of stereo as you've already had a recommendation on? Or something totally different. Or a bmx?

14. Won't work. That says up to 2003, the display changed for the RS, and also changed just after the phase 2 shape came out. They're very temperamental, I had a phase 2 56 reg, my mate had an 07, both had a different display!

15. Thanks for offer mate but will pass and find one that is sure to work.

Says > 2002? Doesn't that mean greater than that year? I'm pretty sure it does.

It's no biggy that the stalk works but would be a bonus.

Tempted to take to Norwich In Care Entertainment (what used to be Norwich in car Audio) when have some more funds and let them have a tinker.