New RSM full member! :)

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Checkers_88, Mar 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi everybody, I'm David, I live in Kendal in the Lakes District, I've got a huge passion for cars and currently drive a 10 plate white, Mégane RS 250. It's largely standard, I've done a handful of subtle modifications over the last several months such as, H&R springs, KTEC non res exhaust (CAT), RamAir filter. It's got a couple of subtle design touches, I'm going for the storm trooper white and black but with yellow accents (typical I know). It has 3D plates with LEDs, all LED interior, It's a non cup so sadly no diff, I've sprayed the grey (sport) splitter black, to match the cup spec. The engine cover is sprayed gloss black with the 197 interior "RenSpo" decal on it which looks really cool. I've just bought some yellow braided brake lines and I'll be getting some new RS mats to freshen up the interior soon. Really want a set of 19" Steev wheels but they either seem overpriced or heavily damaged. I'll keep an eye out if anyone does have a set though!

All in all I love the car, it's not without its faults but hopefully as I get to know some of you, we can share information and advice,

Feel free to roast me for not having a cup

Thanks :smile: IMG_20200201_122351.jpg IMG_20190922_140313.jpg

2. Welcome to the club. How are you finding the car? You got any other plans for it.
    I have 19” Steev’s that I’d happily change for some cup wheels but would need to be a straight swap. Having no other wheels to use.

3. Welcome to the forum David, good to see another Cumbrian on here, I'm not too far away in Barrow. In fact, I actually recognise your car and that first picture. Do you happen to work at a certain vehicle hire company in Kendal?

4. Good spot, yep that's me. The place has shut down in Kendal now, we've moved to Penrith.

5. Good for the most part, couple of niggles but for it's age it's spot on. Shame I don't have any cup wheels to swap with ya!

Thanks for the welcome though.

6. Wow, I had no idea the Kendal branch had closed. The van I drive for work is hired from the Kendal branch (or was I guess) so there's probably a good chance I've spoken to you over the phone and/or in person at some point. We've had vans on long term hire from Kendal for the past 10 years or so.