New RS Owner - TD car

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Spyros, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Not my first post but I'm now the excited owner of my first Megane RS. Bought mainly for trackdays.. Got it Monday and impressed so far. Its had some mods done to it already, suspension, brakes seats, cage so I'm just going to drive it for a bit not too many plans. First track outing at Snett 18 Jan if anyone is going?

Hoping megane ownership is going to give my wallet a bit of rest as I've been haemorrhaging money with my e92 m3 which will be moved on soon.

A couple of pics after it's first wash today..

ntJq1n.jpg

66cygM.jpg

rlK3cR.jpg

3Vz2uy.jpg

Only real plans are to re-enstate the rear wiper and sort out the exhaust. Engine and exhaust are stock apart from exhsust back box and mid box delete.. The pops and bangs are not my thing. Not sure yet if I need to return one or both of these sections back to stock to get rid. Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers
    Mark

2. Looks pretty much there for track work.

3. Hoping so mate. KWv3s so no adjustable top mounts and only running 1 degree camber up front. Will see how it goes on track before making any decisions on that front

4. Nice one.

5. The back box delete will certainly bring the car back to a much more refined state

mid box delete is what i have. In normal mode, i’d say no pops and bangs on overrun, you get to hear the odd pop at high revs while changing gear which is a nice occasional surprise

on overrun in sports mode with just mid box delete, pops and bags are prominent but not overkill imo or stupidly loud - just adds a bit of theatrics to the drive

looks like a good set up you have, certainly sits well

Spyros likes this.
  6. Thank you mate. I must be getting used to the exhaust a little bit as it doesn't seem to bother me so much now. Cheers:blush:

7. If your driving just yourself and a front passenger, dropping the back seats adds a little more theatre - more than i anticipated when i first tried it!

Spyros likes this.
  8. Apologies, just remembered your caged up at the back so seats in the rear are non existent

9. Wow that looks absolutely lovely! Is it Artic white? Or the pearl white? Looks like a really nice spec to start with.

You will definitely save money! My RS 250 was the best car I have owned. I will definitely buying another soon as finances allow.

10. Thanks matey. I have no idea which white it is, truth be told :tearsofjoy:

Can't seem to find a decent vin decoder to confirm spec, options etc

Beau likes this.
  11. Seeing cars like yours really makes me lean towards buying a white Megane for my next one. @Davyy has a pearl white one for sale that is lovely too.

Look forward to your updates and how you find it compared to your BMW. I absolutely love the MK3 Megane and that you dont see that many of them.

Davyy and Spyros like this.