New rs 250 owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Louie Lokka, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Hi all my name it Louie and from Hertfordshire.
    Finally brought myself a Megane RS 250 cup a few weeks back, after been looking at them for a few month. I will be using the car as a weekend/track car so any advise on modifications or upgrades would be much appreciated.

2. hi and welcome.
    These cars are set up very well from the factory for fast road occasional track work.So unless you do a lot of track days,then i would consider sticking to the standard set up.It really is hard to beat for a all round package.
    Making sure everything isnt tired will be a good first move.

Brakes can be improved on with lots of tried and tested brake pad compounds out there.This with new quality fluid will give you strong performance.
    Listen for knocking when you go over bumps...common on mk3`s..will need suspension work.
    Tuning wise..if you are going to tune it..then stick to the well known tuners like EFI and RS Tuning.
    Many horror stories around due to poor mapping.

Basically make sure all is well with engine,chassis and brakes..and put on the best tyres you can afford(ps4/s etc),and you will be amazed how good these cars are over a fast B road or track.

3. Thank you . I will check some threads on here and see what people have done in the past.