New RenaultSport Megane

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Semtax, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Megane_RenaultSportIVEmbargo_05-L.jpg

From this pic it seems that the radiator / intercooler arrangement is a bit unusual?

2. Looks properly wide when you zoom in on the arch there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. no shots of the arse?

4. That looks awful. I won't be buying one of those.

moono16v likes this.
  5. sorry, but meh!

Wanted to get excited about this, but ......

Hopefully the second reveal in September is better and by that time some reviews of the finished machine are available by some decent journos. What I want to hear is that its a 'huge' step on from the Mk3 and raises the game, but feeling that it wont be.

6. 12.jpg

Those 1st set of rims look like a version of the steev alloys, just with more spokes. Assuming that's the cup model. And the diamond-cut ones are on the sport model.

Interestingly, neither have painted calipers. Probably a pre- production thing.

7. I think the black and white camo one looks cool! I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh.

8. Alloys are nice? :tongueout: :smiley:

9. Daz

Daz

Looks better than a mk3 already!

10. I think it's at least on par with the mk3, far more modern, the extra 2 doors don't bother me one bit. Still aggressively widened and hunched down.
    I like it.

The looks are not even close to the most important piece to this puzzle though.
    I'll judge this upon how it drives!

evojkp likes this.
  11. Brembo calipers, manual on offer.
    Two big ticks in two big boxes.

Like those wheels on the version on the right too.

12. This is the big 'reveal', their shop window, and that's what it looks like? The back half looks like a car for somebody who has given up on life. The RS is supposed to be aspirational. Why couldn't it look like this? :tongueout:
    crophero-xesvproject8nbr1053-1200x462.jpg

13. SEems to have a lot of roll in the corners, although we all know it will be the king of handling!

I 100% want this to be my 250 replacement with my first child on the way. However the looks aren't floating my boat!

Still....I know it will drive as every other Renault does - superb! So it will be my next one!

14. I see PistonHeads are going crazy over it with 5 comments.

15. I hope the interior shots are just a GT with an alcantara wheel and the exterior is unfinished

- no recaros
    - paddles on the column instead of attached to the wheel
    - discs look same size as the mk3 with same calipers, and not floating discs like the mule

Even the rear number plate bulbs have traditional bulbs and aren't led lol

The rumour is a 300bhp 'normal' version and 330 trophy but that's probably Chinese whispers!

16. It's still quite hard to judge with the crazy pattern, need a nice gloss single colour.

Sucks we won't see that till September

I like the shape looks from this pic, it's almost hard to imagine there are 4 doors
    9.jpg

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  17. I thibk pics never do these cars justice. It will look good in the flesh I am sure. At least it's not hideous. It's neutrally styled and very modern looking which it has to be to compete with the relevant models I.e ford bmw vw Mercedes etc. It looks a damn sight more interesting than the seat that's for sure!

18. Shamelessly stolen from Renaultsport forum, but - are people really excited by this?

[​IMG]

img_8831.jpg

img_8835.jpg

img_8833.jpg

img_8834.jpg

c9a6c20d878f4d75a1bb3d317e7568.jpg

2a7e51752835904814fae15b67bcd5.jpg

19. [​IMG] IMG_9821.JPG IMG_9822.JPG IMG_9823.JPG IMG_9824.JPG IMG_9825.JPG IMG_9826.JPG IMG_9827.JPG IMG_9828.JPG

Saying that I don't mind the new type r now!

[​IMG]

Jimbob 2705 and 197gaz like this.
  20. It's hard to judge the styling, as the wrap does hide the lines a bit. It does look quite understated, but that's not a great surprise.

I don't think I would take some of the small details as gospel just yet. These are still pre-production, so I doubt they are 100% representative, certainly when it comes to things like brake calliper colour.

21. They are going to have to do something special with the 4WS, needs trick dampers, diff, decent power, and light weight to compete.

A 2 model line up might give them some scope to do something brave and not seen yet.

It doesn't need to be another Clio 200/220T new model failure. Nothing so far from Renault to suggest it's really got anything special going on.

22. The only solace I'm taking is the interior is a carbon copy of the GT's bar the steering wheel so I'm hoping they have simply plugged the GT interior in there until the real one is shown in Frankfurt.

I quite fancy going down to Frankfurt to see it actually.

23. What were you expecting? It bulges over the arches, looks lowly strung, has a great looking front bumper and a similar to the current rear diffuser set up.
    We know you don't like 5 doors, but it was always going to have them.

The mk3 isn't exactly a stunning, best in class looking car and the interior is 10 years dated.
    We haven't bought them for how they look surely........

Some would complain regardless, the same will complain when the spec and final look is announced, there will always be a hundred reasons why the old car is better.
    I bought my car new just 8 months ago and, despite my love for the Cup-S, like the way this looks. Judgement, however, will be reserved until I get a chance to drive it and see it in the flesh.

torquenstein and lok101 like this.
  24. Must be .. the seats look directly from the 1980's

25. That Type R is horrific.
    Truly awful looking car.

26. Ive just clocked the pano roof

What is probably safe to say is the leaked photo of the LY rear, is clearly this car before I had its camo job!

27. I think it looks really promising (not in the cabin!)
    My fav looking current hot hatch is the merc a class amg and I think this has similar styling

28. [​IMG]

Still the benchmark in the looks department.

Jimbob 2705 and RobC like this.
  29. NJH

NJH

It won't matter if the thing ends up being heavily discounted or shifted on discounted finance or lease deals. This was always the problem with cars like the Honda and why so many golf Rs ended up on the roads.

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

If they appear on a good lease deal ill possibly pick one up as a daily for a couple of years, Shame we arn't going to actually know fact and numbers til later this year on it. Part of me thinks that even Renault themselves havnt fully finalised it

31. Sure I read already that it has a diff. Renaulsport build a good chassis I don't think they will fudge that. It certainly looks sporty so not sure why some thibk it's very understated. It just looks more modern than the current one which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I don't mind the Honda now you know!

32. I think that it could look pretty good, the arches look nicely blown and it looks quite squat. Having said that, the Mk3 is still my favourite looks wise. Admittedly I live in backwater Scunthorpe with its fair quota of three fingered folk, but my OG Mk3 gets more attention and looks than just about any of my previous long list of performance cars. To be honest I'm itching to see and drive the next generation, but with such strong current competition, it needs to be very good.

33. Them seats are shocking hope to god they have recaro's as an option.....

34. Think about it, this is only version one. They aint going to go for the nurburgring front wheel drive record in a car with four seats. this means they will strip the back seats out, this also means they will drop the four doors, which also means they will bring out a coupe. I think by 2019/20 this could become a good looking car, but at present its minging

35. Another thing did not help was how it handles and performed round the track. We are so used to seeing F1 cars blitzing this circuit, so to see the same camera angles of a slow, wallowing, five door family hatchback (to the uneducated to RS Meganes)

It would have been better on a smaller track, different angles or on a B road to demonstrate its chassis.....Que the inevitable ring attempt which should be good.

36. I do wonder if they will go for the ring record alright. Perhaps it will change a bit before launch but I wouldn't count on it too much. To be fair the MK 3 megane is an acquired taste and I used to hate it now I like it (I have one obviously). I think this will grow on people. Can't see why you wouldn't like it, it's very neutral and inoffensive? [emoji848] Also the camo does not do it justice.

37. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Eh?

You mean like they did with the original 265 Trophy that was 10s or so quicker than the stripped out R26.R....

Gavin. likes this.
  38. The fwd Ring game has moved on though. Honda have cracked it with aero, chassis, damping, tyres and 316 bhp whilst keeping weight down.

VW and the Clubsport S did it with less obvious external aero but went 306 bhp, chassis, damping, tyres and 3 door stripped sub 1300 kg.

Unless Renault go for a hardcore model not seen yet I don't see them doing the record with what they have revealed so far.

39. What have they revealed so far that makes you think that?
    They've revealed very little about the car.