new radiator

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by manofhow, Aug 14, 2015.

1. 156 has sprung a leak

Has anyone replaced their radiator on megane 2? and if so did you go oem or upgraded and to what?

thanks

chris

2. Ive just done this last week as i hit a deer lol

bought second hand one of ebay for £50 was perfect otherwise i think euro parts do one for around same price i think

3. Replaced mine last year, OEM only unless an upgrade, do NOT buy a euro car parts one, I did and ended up with OEM

4. Mark Black fitted me one last year. He said there are a couple of pattern ones, one is crap (probably the Euro one mentioned above) and the other that he fitted me is fine. I've had no issues at all.

5. So OEM then, no messing no risk, myself and a mate both fitted the surposedly good one from ECP , both had over heating issues on track, both threw them in the skip and fitted OEM, never had a problem since, your money your choice

6. Oh dear thats not good with ecp glad i didnt go there. My second had one is renault had sticker and part no on it

7. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

Forge do an upgrade though not cheap mate

8. Or go custom

[​IMG]

9. thanks guys.

i did see the forge one, but it is expensive

might stick with OEM as never had over heating probs on track with it, so no point changing something which works well as is

10. I have one going cheap £25 plus delivery

11. thanks but want a brand new as the car does get abused :smile:

does anyone know who manufacturers the oem rad?

12. Not sure of the name starts with a "v" I think but I have just experienced high temps on a recently purchased car whilst used on track with a non-standard OEM part fitted. On the road it is bang-on fine but under hard use temps rise so the car is going in today for a new radiator OEM part at K-Tec cost is £162 same as direct from Renault.
    Hope this helps and anyone want a good "road" radiator let me know!!
    Cheers

13. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

valeo?

14. Cigar for the man...well done!!

15. I used a non oem rad, fine on the road, overheated on track, swapped back for an oem one and all fine again.

16. Same here Martin as you know, I told Paul at oulton last week about it mate .

17. What temps do we class as 'overheating' on the track, I've got up to 105 in only a 15 min stint before - is that too much?

18. Not sure of the numbers as I've never measured them but the temp gauge rises mate

19. If it rises above half way then? normally sits on the 2/5ths position

20. Temp gauge in the red, overheating, you don't get the issue with an oem rad, just the cheaper aftermarket ones. Temp doesn't just go up a bit, the rad just can't cope with track work.

21. Just back and have the new O.E.M radiator fitted with fresh antifreeze.

Off to the Ring next week so will let you know if the same overheating issue happens as happened at Brands Hatch and Oulton Park in the last couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.
    Cheers

22. i had a small leak in my oem rad and it still never overheated, even hard round the ring it stayed pretty constant.

thats why replacing like for like