New R26 F1 owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by BlueNGT, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Hello all,

I have bought an Ultra Blue F1 this morning, due to arrive with me tomorrow.

Its a 2 owner from new Car, has 97k on it, had Timing Belt done at 80k and will need some TLC.

I don't want to go over the top, famous last words! I plan to get it Stage 1 Mapped at EFI, they are only 20 minutes from me, but would like some ideas of exhaust and intakes people have fitted!?

Also any upgrades for standard suspension?t

The last few MOT's have shown the following advisories which I want sorting straight away, are they easy fixed?

March 2021 showed:

• Nearside Front Inner Drag link end ball joint has slight play (2.1.3 (b) (i))
    • Offside Front Outer Track rod end ball joint has slight play (2.1.3 (b) (i))
    August 2019 showed:

Front Play in steering rack inner joint(s)

Many thanks :blush:

Rensport225, chappers2000 and matt e like this.
  2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

with the airlifter people normally stick a 90 bend on the standard induction and a cone filter

inner tie rods are only available from renault, but maybe they were done if they didnt show up last year?

https://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/pa...enault-megane-225-r26-steering-track-rod-kit/

track rod ends you can but TRW which make the renault oe ones for cheap

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

BlueNGT likes this.
  3. matt e likes this.
  4. Very happy with my R26 Milltek exhaust. Well made and great fit. Love my induction kit too as it sounds much better, but my cone filter is behind the passenger headlight as my battery is now in the boot thanks to Matt. Forge or ProPerfekt recirc valve is also good for a bit more noise.

5. matt e

yeah those induction kits are fine, the itg one would be better as it gets its air from below the headlight, where the air is much cooler.

ive also got the milltek exhaust like @chappers2000, its got a nice sound but its not loud

6. They all drone compared to standard.the Megane doesn’t have a nice exhaust tone no matter what system you have.I have a cgr titanium system which would be unbareable if it was 3” all the way through .

7. matt e

2.75" is louder than 3" iirc, the ktec system you linked is louder than the milltek, i had milltek then swapped to the ktec one as its made by milltek and fits the milltek system. it sound good at first but the loudness got on my nerves.

heres a video from the person i sold it to (thats with a decat)

8. i didnt put the decat on my CGR titanium system to keep the noise down..goes into standard cat..But weighing under 8kg for the entire system,i bought it for the 20kg weight saving..All megane systems just drone...you also loose the "sucking noise" at high revs with a aftermarket system..I always liked that noise when you put the seats down on the standard system..totally unique to the megane mk2

9. Shows how new to Renault I am....its 225 F1 not a R26 F1 :tearsofjoy:

Now on the look out for R26 rear beam & ARB, probably a 020 Gearbox too (have not checked yet but I suspect it is not a 020 so wont have LSD).

It was cheap and I am stripping it for track anyway.

If anybody has either of the above please let me know.

Thanks

10. Unless it’s had a diff retro fitted it won’t have an lsd as standard, yours is an F1 R25 for reference :wink:

11. Yeah, working all this stuff out now :sweatsmile:

I only bought it Track it and run around in. Part for my MK Focus RS are far too expensive and hard to find now to using it much...the scarcity of the parts for that is the hardest part.

R26 Rear beam is on my list now.