Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Colin_F, Apr 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hi,

Just joined as I am looking to purchase a Megane 250 cup for road trips and track days. It will only be a weekend car as I have a company car for the daily slog.

We are just selling our 2016 Golf R to make room for the Megane and before that had a Clio Cup and Elise.

Any tips on who is good for insurance/ best garages in the North West (I live in Cheshire)/ good mods for track use appreciated.

Thanks
    C

2. Hi Colin and welcome, I hope you find a good one as they are quite rare to find, you won't regret it. Best of luck in your search

3. Hi there

Loads of good info on here, I used the site to research the car before I bought one of a member on this site in August last year

Lots of stuff you can do but the good basic mods seem to be:

Gearbox mount bolt upgrade
    Clutch delete line (HEL etc)
    Brake fluid upgrade (various I’m using rbf660)

Think if your looking for good solid enthusiast car with FSH / belts done etc you find these might have been done anyway.

Sure others will add to this :smile:

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Cheers I think I have found my car and I am going down to London on Friday to look at it and hopefully take it home.

It’s a grey 2011 cup with the good seats. It’s just been serviced and is having the belts done before Friday.

All being well the plan is a road trip to the highlands in a few weeks to get to know her and then a few track days over the summer.

I haven’t driven one since a spent a week chasing bikers over the mountain on the Isle of Man a few years ago.

Cant wait.