New Member | Mégane RS 265 | Yorkshire | Reliability Question

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by JonnyRS, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Hi all,

I'm very proud to be part of the family after picking up my Renault Mégane RS 265 two weeks ago. I've come from a few automatic cars and it feels so great to be back in a manual, especially one as punchy as this thing.

The garage who have sold me the car are offering a two-year extended warranty on it for £500. I told them that I would go off and find out what the common faults/issues were on the Mégane RS to check if any potential faults would be covered. My car is 5 years old and has done 38k miles.

Could any current/previous owners let me know what typically will tend to 'go wrong'?

Thanks.

PS: Here's a picture of the beast...

iBwQQTl.jpg

2. Welcome along

3. its probably too young to have had belts done but id push dealers to have belts inc in deal

Oh also just remembered there was a bunch of weak gearboxes floating around possibly in this era, think they were all done under warranty so maybe ask about that, other than that its lower control arm bushes but again might be too young and deffo check when test driving for any slight sign of 'clunk' sound however faint when hitting speed bump or over uneven surface