New Megane RS

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by Gavin., Dec 11, 2015.

1. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Images are slowly starting to make an appearance, it's looking increasingly likely that it's going to be another 4 door only model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. Actually looks ok from the side shame it's not a 3door though

3. its bound to be a 4/5 door its the way market is going, cant say im bothered to be honest some cars look good in 5 doors and there practical for kids, so easier to sell to the wife lol if i ever got one. Would be good overall if there was a choice between 3 and 5 door but im going to bet there wont be a 3 door model, unless they do a more track focus one lol

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I think it looks really good, even with 4 doors.

Look forward to seeing the figures and the official photos

5. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

As long as it has a manual gearbox option I'm not overly bothered. That's was the worst bit about the 200t.

6. RS said it was their mistake not to offer both gearboxes and its too late for the Clio now but suspect that they will for the Megane. The 'auto' box did sell well in other countries apparently.

7. I've identified the camera used to take these photos:

tumblr_inline_nb8dofZjaK1sp8ytl.jpg

I think it'll look fine as a 4-door, it has the length to pull it off. Though it would have been better id they'd tried to hide the rear handles in the C pillar like with the Clio.
    I really hope though they use less stick-on panels on the new one, f'ing horrible on the Mk3.

8. I thought they'd already said it would be 3 and 5 door, with an estate, hatch, coupe and convertible like the Mk3?

They certainly sell enough of them: 6.6 million worldwide of all three marks.

If it's not, I better start hoping the blown 4-pot Caymen comes down to Megane money lol.

9. I should have added - don't forget Renault are launching the Talisman for these wanting space and practicality. I think it looks fantastic. And apparently there will be a coupe version of this.

16-renault-talisman-estate-revealed-in-full-brings-racy-styling-to-eco-families-photo-gallery_17.jpg

10. That looks fantastic!

11. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

That does look nice!

12. 5 dorrs... uhhh

13. It's the Vauxhall insignias younger brother!

14. Thought it was a Passat.

15. That looks ace!! Don't like how long the rear lights are but other than that and going off that...ill be having one of them in liquid yellow or capsicum AGAIN!

16. I hate four door cars why can't we at least have an option..

17. Same me, when i first saw this picture

18. I don't actually hate it anymore, the GT has grown on me a lot and I now don't mind the looks.Think I'll still reserve opinion until we have proper shots and specs on it though.

19. Saw the new shape Passat yesterday and it looks the same!

20. Anyone else read the pistonheads driven review of the GT. Had this little tidbit in it.

So does that mean the next Renaultsport Megane will lose its teeth? Landreau immediately clams up, not even confirming if the 4Control is destined for the RS - but did admit the system's weight is a big issue for a faster RS.
    Transmission choice also remains undecided. Renaultsport's tech boss said the obvious choice would be to offer the Megane RS with both a manual and dual-clutch, but adds that Renaultsport needs to continue to act like a business. I'm not the only one to leave the table feeling worried about a future Megane RS with "broad appeal".

21. Let's just pray it has a cup holder that you can use!

22. This sounds worrying....

23. It sounds to me like the megane 250,265,275 might be the final "proper" Megane RS. Just like the clio 200....

24. I hope they don't just make it an auto or similar to what vag cars have DSG.

25. Not to worry the new focus RS looks dope

26. nail on the head mate :wink:

If the new RS is not what it should be then there will be a slow uptake like previous models, this usually focuses (no pun intended) the next model....usually

TurboFlorio likes this.
  27. What about a 4 wheel drive RS ... It's about time Renault returned to the WRC .......

28. As far as I know the Talisman isn't coming to the UK. Same as the Espace as well.

Trouble is we all have to be honest hot hatches aren't what they used to be and they never will be.

I just hope it's not some 4 wheel drive bore fest: Seems everyone's idea of a quick car these days is the same recipe. 4 wheel drive, dual clutch. Quick for sure but boring.

Im keeping a very close eye on what Peugeot Sport are doing at Peugeot because they seem to be getting the idea!!! I hate the 308 interior so would never buy one but the next offering might be good! I certainly won't be rushing down to Renault to buy a new RS if it's 4 wheel drive and auto.

29. The next Alpine concept is out with more details. The engine is supposed to be a 1.8 development of the Clio 1.6 turbo with 250-300 bhp. So money on a 1.8 Megane RS with 300 bhp. Disappointing if any less.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

31. Like the look of the new Megane in the first photos.

I think the new Alpine looks fantastic though. I'll be very tempted to pass my Clio 220 Trophy (when it finally arrives) over to the other half and get an Alpine when they're out (assuming they're any good of course!).

32. At a guess, what sort of price would the Alpine be? Boxster money? or Sub £30k? or Closer to £40k?

33. I fear it will be £40k, but at that price they are in direct competition with the newer, cheaper than a Boxster 4-pot Caymen. Who in their right mind would chose the Alpine over the Porsche in that case?

They should make the Vision for £30k though, with the running gear from the Clio Trophy with an uprated engine to give 250bhp and 1100kgs weight - but I don't think it will happen sadly.

34. Looks fantastic. 4/5 door is the future as with semi auto.

35. I wouldn't buy one if it was a 5 door auto.

36. Everyone has a Boxster. I'd much rather something different so my money would go for the Alpine.

Very nearly bought an Elise as a daily driver this year but common sense got the better of me. I would hope the Alpine will be a bit more usable than an Elise in most cases.

37. You and loads of others. Auto only will be a kiss of death for the brand. Ford, Pug, VW etc have already acknowledged this.

38. Most golf r and BMW m135i are paddle shift, so if the product is right it will sell.The clio 200-220 trophy has already sold more than the last one.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  39. Both the Golf R and 135i have a manual gearbox option.

With the Clio 200/220 it's more important to know how many sales they are losing due to it being an expensive auto only.

40. A lot of people who order brand new cars are convinced by salesmen that they need an auto to protect the cars value come resale time. Also modern autos tend to have lower CO2 figures which appeals to guys who order company cars.

I think it would be a mistake to offer auto only if they want to attract enthusiasts.