New megane rs 250 owner for tack

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Guillermo, May 11, 2021.

1. Hi, I bought a megane rs 250 2012 for track days in Argentina.

Already hace downpipe, racechip stage 2.

I have put heat insulator to the downpipe
    Cut out the middle silincer exhaust
    I replaced the brake lines with Steel ones
    Now I'm doing the air cooler for front disk.
    iN the Future:
    I want cool the bonnet... to Hot
    Cool the rear brakes too
    Make the floor flat under the car for less turbulence

Something more to do?
    Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Welcome to the forum, plenty of knowledge and advice available on here. I have trunking, to help cool front brakes, but never found the need to cool the rears. I hope your weather is better than here in N/E Scotland at the moment!.

3. Here, many tracks are at least 30º centigrades (ambient). Now on winter from 15 to 21º.
    Wich pads do you recomend? Ferodo DS2500 with oem disk are a good choice?
    Do you make something to cool the bonnet? my 250rs with stage 2 goes too hot!
    Thanks

4. if its track only could remove aircon rad, that'll give good air flow.
    for rear brakes just need to remove one of the two caliper/pad clips that when hot cause rear pads to stick and overheat

DS2500 ok for rear with some Pagid DS Uno or Winmax W5 or others up front

5. Hello, welcome. What tracks are there in Argentina, I know the one they use for the Moto GP and WTCC etc, there’s that one round the big lake I think?

6. This is my channel with video driving a Passat B8 2.0TSI with some mods:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiP4iHRpbVnFuozxxLZ5iGQ
    Now I have the megane RS and on 29/05 I'll go to try in Cordoba, Cabalen Circuit.
    The motoGP circuit is in Termas de Rio Hondo, Santiago del Estero, Argentine.
    Is a very good circuit, some friends goes to Termas but is 900km long from here, from my city Rosario. A lot of days far away family and work.
    Here Seba Aguad from TDA make good track days event: https://www.trackdayargentina.com.ar/
    This photos are taken in San Nicolas Circuit, 60km from Rosario
    LLANTASENKEI.jpg PASSAT.jpg
    [​IMG]

Muxa likes this.
  7. Now I'm doing the air duct for brakes. Our circuit have a lot of hard brake. Changing the water bottle to small and adding some 2.5'' pipes to the center of of the disk.
    FRENOS.jpg FRENOS2.jpg FRENOS3.jpg FRENOS4.jpg FRENOS5.jpg

BillyA likes this.
  8. Hello, I am also new! Good luck with the track car!

9. Hi, I have good news. The front disk air duct is perfect. Now with one lap to cold the car the front disk temp goes to 104
    Centigrades. but the rear ones are 226 Centigrades.
    I have to refrigerate the rear brakes. Any ideas?
    20210710_110343_resized.jpg 20210710_110352_resized.jpg

10. Try removing one of the rear brake pad spacer springs

when the pad is hot they cause it to jam in the caliper and rub against disc making huge heat

11. Think I’ve had 400 degrees C at Rockingham on the front discs. Was a hot day on standard pads/tyres though, with no cool down lap. Was only my second trackday.

12. For me is not ok
    With vw at 350C rear ones, the brake pad transform to carbon (brembo xtra pads). With a knife you can draw in the pad and notice that was dead.

I use ferodo super formula breka liquid, the dry boiling piont is 330... 400C I too much

13. Yeah probably. As I say got the temperature on a hot day and didn’t do a cool down lap on the standard pads.