New here

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Lopes3d, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Hi, had my 265 with cup chassis for couple months just before lockdown so minimal driving. Been reading on here couple months now getting clued up on bits and bobs. Just come out of a stage2+ Audi TTS, taken a power cut but the Meg is so much more fun to drive. Few plans for the Meg and hopefully get it out on track a few times.
    Current mods:
    Stage 1, grams lowering springs, ktr induction kit

One thing I have noticed is the AC isn’t particularly great anyone know what gas is in it and how much?

Attached Files:

L14MHV and Bob Thompson like this.
  2. Welcome. Car looks great.
    Regassed my aircon twice now and passenger side now started not working great again. Must have a leak somewhere. Not sure if there are common places where a leak is most likely or how difficult they are to fix, e.g. Dash out? Will hav to see cost of an annual regas compared to cost of fixing it once and for all.

3. Thanks! I’m an ac engineer so wouldn’t be a problem, just can’t find anywhere that says what gas and the quantity

4. Welcome man! Nice blackmobile have you there! I hope you enjoy it a lot and you show us next upgrades.:wink:

5. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

The gas is R134a but I’m not sure how much I’m afraid. I’ve got 450g in my head but can’t be sure on that.

6. Cheers, think first up will be some wheels and coilovers. Even on springs they sit really high. Just waiting for a set of TD’s to come up for sale
    ok should be able to do it off pressure once it’s running. Will have to see how much I actually get out can’t imagine it’s gonna be a lot

7. any half decent air con station would drain, refill and pressure test system correctly for you for around £50

8. I can reclaim the remaining gas, pressure test, vacuum system and charge myself got all the kit. Just after the quantity of gas.