New here- Megane RS175DCI

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by ShaunWoods1996, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Hey all

Bought myself a Megane RS175 DCI after owning a Clio 197 which was short lived followed by a 200.. had to sell that as job changed

Now I’ve settled with a RS175, I was in two minds of what to do, after a drive out with mates at the weekend I’ve decided to invest in the car and it seems there is plenty knowledge available on here!

Attached Files:

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Hi and welcome
    A friend bought one a month or so ago, we took it to Cadwell, only thing he did was to fit decent front pads.

We had a great day both of us ragging it around for over 100 miles and it averaged 34mpg :laughing::laughing:
    my R26 i'm looking at 11-14mpg

3. Morning Ian!

I was out with GTRs, VXRs, a 172 & very well setup is 106 and the car held its own well aside from lacking in the straights.

Coming from the clio side of things though I felt the roll a bit more I this but both clios were cups so I’d be interested in throwing the cup dampers on this with eibach springs, PBS pads and doing the same! I feel the potential for daily/ occasional track fun is real with these!

Attached Files:

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

It is possible to get them mapped to around 220-230hp with the standard turbo.

I think he said his DCi was fitted with Cooksport springs and cup dampers, he bought it like that, he fitted Carbon Lorraine RC8 pads and i must admit they were fantastic, i run mk3 brakes with performance friction Z rated pads on my R26 and they are really good for track work, i had PBS on my 265, after a couple of laps on track i took them out and through them in the bin.

5. I’ve only used them on my old EP3 type R but there’s a considerable weight difference there!