New dci owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by HondaMini, Mar 17, 2015.

1. b7c694e4299d4feb984399c29be78a69.jpg c5f9d2bcf181a6fcecdf8628bf13f2d9.jpg Hiya, just bought myself a DCi lux/cup

My first renault as been a honda man before

Was wondering how it might compare to my old DC2, so I'll keep you all posted

One question I do have tho, any recommendations for tyres in size 225/40/18 as the integra used to really prefer the oem fit bridgestones so I'm aware tyres sometimes maketh the car (also had an elise 111s that I swapped from Bridgestone to Toyo and it drive terrible after)

So, to recap... Hi and cheers in advance lol

2. Welcome :smile:

The power train couldn't be more different to the honda.

I think you will enjoy the compliance, damping, grip and steering feel. Not to mention the MPG.

Michelin PS2 are the best tyres I have ran over years of Megane ownership. Great all rounder and not too expensive.

3. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Best colour! Welcome.

4. Ah so you bought this one! I have also recently switched to a meggy dci and it just keeps on impressing me :smile: i looked at this red one but finally settled on the ultra blue

5. Well, I joined another 'sporty megane' forum before this one bit seemed to get pretty much no response, so went out and ordered a couple of Dunlop sport max RT tyres for the front, so I just hope they'll be ok :smile:

6. Welcome. I had one of these and loved it. Are you sure yours is a cup though? It should have anthracite mirrors and alloys?

7. well, its down as an extra on the HPI report and the garage guy seems to think so... it does have 18" wheels if thats any use?

8. None of the DCi's came with anthratice wheels from what i have found out. Mines same spec but definitely has cup suspension etc.

9. hi guys, so... after a week or so of ownership... most all is well... just a couple of questions if allowed in here?

1) keyless buttons on o/s and boot not working
    2) cannot seem to operate heated rear screen independently of front
    3) N/S powerful mirror doesn't powerful... it keeps having a go and occasionally does, but it won't then go back
    4) i have a Pioneer DEH-4500BT stereo and wondered if anyone knew if it would work with a connects2 stalk and display harness, as the fitted parrot kit has a dicky wire and is now obsolete so can't get a spare :worried: so this head unit would cover all that in one unit :smile:

on a side note, i dunno if its coz I'm used to an old bus of a 406 but the steering seems heavy at low speed and not keen to centralise as much as I'm used to, and it has what i can only say sounds like a slight whistle when turning to park... I'm just hoping its not a sign of hubs!!

as i say, any advice gratefully received :smile:

(oh and a rattly sunroof, but thats more of an annoyance, and an easy-isn fix as far as i can see)

thanks in advance

Martyn

10. Welcome

11. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Welcome to the site. Lovely car mate. Love them in red.

12. I have a connects 2 if required

13. bd37588e3e8c46b6a94fb971092aa98a.png

I'm back... after about 3 years i think... bought the old Megane back off my mate so here we go for round 2 and correcting most of the faults i did first time around lol