New car //M content

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by MJ57, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Picked this up last weekend. Immense car. Looked at rs4/rs6 but they were always on where as the m5 you can drive nicely and not be noticed but open it up and wow :!

First proper rwd car. Had a 1.8 mx5 many years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Has fully comprehensive warranty with BMW too.

2. V Nice ! :tongueout:

3. Did like mine but got shot of it after 3 months for what I paid for it.

It's got good brute power, the space and comfort is lovely as well but I could never get over 11mpg and £70 of fuel a day 5 days a week just was a bit OTT for me, it would of cost me around £18,000 a year on fuel. I actually then went for a B7 RS4 Avant which saw me getting 21mpg and halved my fuel bill.

The B7 RS4 isn't as fun to drive nor does it compete at all with the noise of the M5 although did still sound lovely it wasn't a V10! but it was fantastic in the winter months with the snow and ice which the M5 wouldn't of managed.

Be really interested to know your thoughts on it after 2 months or so.

4. You must have a heavy right foot, im averaging around 20mpg on my way to work can hit 25mpg if i drive like a angel.
    Fuel wise its not even £70 to fill up when it hits the reserve tank anyway.

5. I couldn't see over 160 miles on a tank, I won't say I haven't a heavy foot but I live in fenlands and they've yet to discover speed cameras or even hills. Mine was a bit like this guys, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EMNosQ1ENE although he is in London doesn't see over 120 miles a tank and averages under 8mpg. Also when I had mine fuel was around 30p a litre more.

If your seeing that then I'll question my right foot, my Megane doesn't see 25mpg, usually around 23mpg.

6. My 40mile drive to work is 90% motorway. Stick on the cc and it will happily do 22mpg. Currently it says i have 260miles and thats after my 40mile journey this morning

7. Wow, that's epic.

Braver man than me, running something like that. Have you got a decent warranty with it? I'm betting the potential bills this could throw up would make even the fuel economy look cheap.

It is excellent though, in case I was putting a dampner on things there. Any videos? What's the spec?

8. As long as a BMW has FSH and is under 100k you can get warranty from BMW. Its costing £70 a month for a comprehensive cover which is everything bar the exhaust.

Spec wise is just has the 7 speaker system, larger screen, Ipod/iphone connectivity. and an immense sound track

9. My mate went from a lightly tuned B5 RS4 to a V10 M5 and loved it ! Cost more to run and maintain then the Audi he had but you put up with the costs for the car you want to drive and own.
    507bhp ain't they ?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  10. Quality, good effort

my mates dad had one, always remember when he took me out and first accelerated went like my r26 until about 6k when it went mental and then you just stay in that band the speed is relentless

don't know if it's standard but do you have the active seats that tuck in when you corner? They are pretty nifty

11. Has active seats which is odd.

Its 400 normally 507 in power mode. Can take it up to around 560 with engine back system, breathing mods and a map but looking at a few thousand for that. So bmc filters for now and a custom cat back will do for now.

12. 100miles to a quarter of a tank so far:tongueout:

13. Literally no idea how your managing 100 miles on a 1/4 of a tank thats like 100 miles in a V10 5.0l car for £15?

I'll buy another at this rate as it's more economical than my Megane, heck it's even more eco friendly than my 3.0l TDi Quattro A5.

Fair play though! and the active seats eventually annoyed me lol

14. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Lovely stuff. Driven this and the newer spec and they are simply brutes. So angry! Enjoy!

15. Just to annoy you some more 1/2 tank gone

[​IMG]