New Alcantara Wheel, Royal Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Sam Havenhand, May 5, 2021.

1. 279251A8-DA89-4E1A-BA0A-170F6006C830.jpeg Just had my wheel delivered today courtesy of Royal Steering Wheels.

I’m really pleased with it, total cost including postage was £190 for anyone interested. The feel is amazing and much improved, especially coupled up with the metal gear knob. Would definitely recommend it if you are on the fence.

For anyone interested the wheel is:

Megane 3 RS 275 - Original Thickness, Black Alcantara 9040 + Red Alcantara Centre Stripe

Attached Files:

~Shaun~, Bob Thompson and Rensport225 like this.
  2. I have had a few of royal steering wheels now always impeccable quality at a good price IMO

Looks great [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I have been debating with myself for weeks about it but finally pulled the trigger, I’m more than impressed! I was initially looking at cheaper alternatives but have seen these guys have a great rep and see it’s a proper set up on their website etc

4. Also for me it’s the fact that usually they have a steering wheel in stock so you spec your order then they post it out to you.

Then all you have to do is remove swap bits and post back the old one :smile: you don’t have any down time waiting at all :smile:

Cheeky to add a pic of mine but I went black, white stitching no band and love it :smile:

2bb36cb710f4ea6a7b01c865937b668a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Havenhand likes this.
  5. I´ll send to do mine along this month. My doubt is stipe or not? Always had changed the wheels with the stripe on my cars, but never notice it in track or fast road so, why have it? I don´t know what I´ll do finally. Anyway, alcantara give you better grip with gloves, that´s the important!

Sam Havenhand and Rensport225 like this.
  6. I did too in March after debating it and I’m really pleased I did, quality is awesome, service and communication was top notch too. And while we’re sharing pics.
    536E94B8-5B27-4821-B5F2-3E13319FE4C8.jpeg

Sam Havenhand and Rensport225 like this.
  7. Was only a 2 week turnaround on mine and they were grand throughout keeping me in the loop. I do like the white stitching mate, not seen it before but it’s decent!

Rensport225 likes this.
  8. It’s a nice finishing touch ain’t it, after all it’s your main touch point when driving

Poppaboost and Rensport225 like this.
  9. really lovely work and quality, looks great

10. These wheels look great.
    Am new to the Megane's so just wondering, what's it like to remove the wheel/airbag etc? Is it straightforward?

cheers

11. Provided you have an ounce of mechanical ability it’s pretty straight forward yes.

12. Cool - I mighty find an Ounce somewhere...........Lol.

13. easy enough in most cars, make sure you disconnect the battery!

Richors likes this.
  14. Nice wheels. Original post by Sam looks thinker than std.

My cup s will need one at some point.

My surround round buttons are black but earlier caes are silver. Can these be swapped about? Or do you specify suround colour when you order?

15. I didn't specify the buttons when ordering mate, i think they will auto match with the car to be honest. If you are unsure i would make a point to mention it though :smile:

16. Hi,
    As mentioned above you will only exchange the steering wheel you have to remove and use your own buttons. Some buttons come out easily and some are a pain, try to lever at two point with some lube. Each button has three pins that push into the wheel, the one nearest to the outter edge / rim is the difficult one. Button's can be split and painted or buy a non rs wheel cheap on ebay and swap the buttons round. Royal steering wheels do a quality job.