New 265 owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Pyper, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Hi, I sold my little Twingo 133 a few weeks ago and bought myself a Megane and I absolutely love it!
    I used to owned by another member on here "Dom c" and he has already done almost everything that I would have wanted to do to it myself anyway.

It's a white Megane RS265 cup with black wheels, black badges and has:
    Stage 1 RS tuning map, cat back Miltek, ITG induction kit, Forge dump valve and H&R lowering springs.

It's pushing out 315.9hp and 360lbft according to RS Tuning and it feels absolutely rapid in every gear.
    Between the looks, the noise, the handling and the speed I'm very very happy with my new car.

2. Forgot to say that I'm in Harogate.

Here are some pics of the old Twingo:
    twingo1.jpg
    twingo2.jpg

3. Welcome mate. Got a lot of love for the twingo, cracking little cars.

Megane is a different kettle of fish though.

4. And here are some pics the dealer took of the new car, I'll upload some of my own later:
    media.jpg
    media (1).jpg
    media (2).jpg
    media (3).jpg
    media (4).jpg

5. media (5).jpg
    media (6).jpg
    media (7).jpg
    This file uploader is a bit rubbish on my mac so apologies if Ive added those images in an annoying way.

6. Yeah the Twingo was great, especially the handling but I always thought it was too slow. The Megane definitely doesn't have that problem!

7. Looks lovely. They look great on the H&Rs, should have left the factory looking like that.

8. Hi and welcome along.

Both cars looks great but I especially like the Twingo :smile:

9. Car looks lovely, great choice!

10. A couple more pics.
    one.jpg
    two.jpg
    I'm desperate for winter to sod off already so I can get some more dry running of my car.
    I'm very tempted to take one of the last free spots available at the Croft trackday on the 4th Dec but I wouldn't take the car on the track if it was wet so I could be a massive waste of money!

11. There will always be another.

12. At Zandvoort we've got 20 minute sessions for just 30 euro. If you, like me, don't want to waste the complete day and just explore your car a bit this might be awesome. But you guys are blessed with many many circuits .. we only got 2.

13. Hmnn, Zandvoort looks a really nice circuit, maybe I could combine it with a trip to Amsterdam next year.

14. I got a call saying that someone has pulled out so I'm back on for the 4th now!
    I just need to pray for a dry track and maybe get some trackday insurance.

15. Just had a great and almost completely dry day at Croft.
    Car was brilliant, although I was wary of killing the tyres and brakes too much so I tried not to stay out too long each time.

Lots of really friendly and helpful people at the track, after a passenger ride in a guys nice Caterham I was able to see which lines I was getting wrong and also how much faster I could be going through the chicane.

I will definitely be back next year.

16. Welcome

17. Hi Pyper
    great to hear you had a good day, but it really is worth getting a tuition session if its a track you have never been to before, it'll be the best £20 you will spend.

I want to do Croft as some point, but it is quite a trek for me :rolleyes:

18. Hey Pyper,

Welcome! I'm not far from you, just the other side of Leeds. Did you end up getting insurance or did you risk it? I was going to do that Croft day but I'm terrified of taking my pride and joy on a track!

19. I did get insurance for the day but it seems most people don't.
    I didn't want to risk it so I forked out for track day insurance just for that day through moris.co.uk