New 250 Owner in the Midlands

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Morgan H, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Hi all,

I'm Morgan & I've been the proud owner of an Oyster Grey full fat 250 for nearly a month now. Unfortunately haven't been anywhere good to take scenic shots of her yet but here are a couple of mundane ones:

IMAG0921.jpg

IMAG0919.jpg

This car in yellow on 18s would have been ideal, but this came up close by and ticked every other box so went for it. Has the leather Recaros as you can faintly see in the images - absolutely love them! Found the standard leather seats to be pretty slidey when cornering on a test drive of another car so really glad to have these.
    The car seems to be stock, aside from some LED interior & numberplate bulbs.

So far I've only had to fix one issue (not really the car's fault); the garage I bought it from had filled the washer bottle with pretty much just water, which froze in the recent cold snap necessitating a new motor. Fitted that, stripped & cleaned the washers themselves and now they basically clean the windscreen as well!

Mods-wise I'd always wanted to get one of these remapped if I got one, but having seen some on here I'm now liking the look of an Airtec intercooler, so might have to figure out how to justify the cost to myself before a remap....
    I'm really enjoying the way the car drives, but being a biker I would appreciate a bit more shove when you give it the berries.
    Other than that I'm thinking gearbox lower mount & maybe engine upper, as I would like gearchanges to feel a bit sharper. Perhaps the short-throw gearchange mod at some point too.

This is my only car so I've no plans to cage it or anything like that. I did tell myself I wouldn't risk taking it on a trackday, especially as I have a bike for that, but given how much fun it is on the road, I'm getting pretty tempted!

Anyway, nice to meet you all, and thank you for maintaining such a useful forum!

Joe Bromley likes this.
  2. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Welcome Morgan! Enjoy the car.

3. nice to see biker enjoying the car too, welcome along, you'll never get the same as a bike but for everyday use it is a fun car to drive if you can get out of town.
    I do enjoy mine every day going to work, breaks the routine i find and make me smile when i arrive at work thinking how fun my journey was...

4. Nah of course not - it feels great in the corners (need to become a better driver before worrying about the handling), and I'm definitely not saying it's slow in a straight line, but a little bit more squirt from low down can't hurt :smirk:

Fortunately I know some decent routes around me so I took it out just 'for a drive' the other day (something I've never done in a car before), and loved it. My commute is short but twisty too so also good fun when it's clear.
    Biggest problem with it is the same as with any other car though - you're hamstrung by other people! Can usually get past one person pootling around at 45 in a national, but if there's two or more together on a twisty road you're stuffed really. And it's all the more frustrating now because I finally have a car that's genuinely good fun! Will just have to start getting up earlier for joyrides I guess....

tof73 likes this.