need this part, renault say no?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by sen, Oct 23, 2018.

1. sen

sen

knackered the retaining clips when changing my intercooler and now ive got a bad boost leak. ive been on the phone to renault near me and also renault parts direct and both say the part isnt suitable for my vehicle? its number 10 on the diagram. car is 2011 megane 250
    anyone any idea where i can get one? theres one on ebay but it doesnt have the clips.
    ive tried hose clamps but theyre no use.

Attached Files:

2. Would a mikalor clamp work

3. sen

sen

Tried that. Lasted a few days. Think the retaining clips can be bought. Hopefully the clips are the same for both sides. The diagram only shows the clip on one side :-/

4. not sure what you're referring to, is it the IC clip that secures the engine intake pipe ??

5. sen

sen

Yeah. If you look on the diagram, part 10 is the pipe that connects to the intercooler on the drivers side and because it doesn’t show the clip on there I thought it must come with the clip on it.
    Rstuning also thought I’d need to buy the entire pipe with clip attached.
    Turns out the clip is the same as what’s on the pipe at the other side of the IC so I’ve ordered a few of those.
    Should probably delete the thread now.

6. ah yes, with you now, also to note hope the rubber seal is still up inside the pipe and not kinked in any way as that is one awkward ring to locate back into place.
    yes clips are same both on IC inlet side and outlet, where did you get replacement clips, I could do with spares ??

7. sen

sen

Shit, I better check that. No doubt it’ll be missing!
    Got them from Renault. £4 ish. £5.09

bobsan likes this.
  8. sen

sen

The o ring is missing. The pipe was still in place with the clamp. Guess it’s the o ring that’s causing the leak.
    How far up the pipe does it go? There’s a few grooves up there, unsure which one it will sit in?

9. Yer proper confusing that pipe is, it’s the first recess from opening, if the pipe is still on vehicle good luck getting the seal to locate,

10. sen

sen

How hard is it to remove the pipe? Might be easier to get the clip back on when the pipe is off?

11. Clips not problem to fit, it’s that rubber seal that gruesome.
    Does the intake pipe still have a black plastic locator type of thing at the end for the clip ? If so remove it (it’s PITA) and just fit clip straight into the slots once IC is pushed in.

sen likes this.
  12. sen

sen

i dont think so. pretty sure the end of the pipe is just metal. if i removed it it was not by choice! im pretty bad with cars if you hadn't guessed.

13. sen

sen

Doing car today. Rubber seal should be arriving in next 30 mins. If I have spare clips left over I’ll give you a shout and I’ll stick them in post for you since you gave me a heads up on that rubber seal.

14. And that right there is what a car forum should be all about, essential behaviour that man, hope your spannering goes well fella

Genty likes this.
  15. Once the rubber sealing ring is located in pipe if you’ve some grease or Vaseline smear a tiny bit around seal just so IC slides into place and doesn’t grab on rubber and dislocate it

sen likes this.
  16. sen

sen

Managed to get the seal in pretty easy but can’t figure out the clips. Gonna have another go at it this weekend.

17. Well that clip should be pushed in from engine side towards front of car and it’s opening once seated should end up slightly to right looking from vehicle front ie slightly towards the radiator as opposed towards screen wash bottle

sen likes this.
  18. sen

sen

PM me your address mate I’ll send these clips. I ended up having to buy both pipes in the end. I’d mangled the ends. 380 in parts and 200 in labour! Lesson learnt! Ha!