Need help fast

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RedSquareImages, Oct 5, 2013.

1. I was swapping the pads out on the Megane today so I could bring it home and give it a spruce before a friends funeral (we are all bringing our cars)

Long story short, the pad release pin is bent and needs removing and replacing. I expect that caliper will need to come off the car and in turn the system bled and refilled. As it needs new brake fluid anyway I am not so bothered. What I am bothered about is getting the car running for the funeral and cost (as I am brassic at the minute). Can anyone recommend or advise how to get a bent pin out of the calliper?

2. Stu

Stu

I had this with one of mine recently, all the others I was able to hammer out but the last one would not budge.

In the end I cut the majority of the pin off with a dremel, then I managed to get some direct force on the remaining piece of the pin with a hammer and punch and it eventually came out.

Depending on how bent yours is, you could try doing the same?

3. Can't you just get a bar/screw driver and Ben the pin to straighten it , if your pads arnt on the metal yet just use it

4. I did the same has Stu it is a real pain when they stick
    I now copper grease them regularly just to keep them free , theres a guy did some after market pins user name is Mr Pink im sure dont weather he's on here but is on MS

5. Stu

Stu

Yeh, I replaced mine with some Mr Pink ones.

They seem like a much better design with the R Clips that hold them in place. Hopefully shouldn't get stuck again. :smile: