R26 Need a quick guide!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Matt-f1, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Hi
    I'm wanting to remove my driverside driveshaft is anyone able to give me a quick guide on what I need to do I'm quite mechanically minded just need a quick over view of what needs to be undone etc.

cheers matt

2. The way I done it on mine was to undo the track rod end, undo the stabilizer link, hub nut, three bolts underneath the hub which bolts the ball joint to the hub, undo the bolt that holds the hub to bottom of the strut, bash the hub down off the strut then you can remove the hub assembly. Remove the two or three bolts holding the intermediate bearing on the driveshaft to the back of engine and pull it out.

Not sure if you can do it without completely removing the hub as it would be easier and less work.

3. Thanks for the help mate shall be trying to battle this tomorrow!

4. Good luck! Be warned you'll lose some box oil when you pull the drive shaft out. Also the bolt that holds the hub to the strut were really stubborn on mine, had to heat them and spin them with an air gun to get them out. Failing that you could undo the three bolts at the top of the strut and remove the hub and strut assembly as one.

I also forgot your going to have to remove the brake caliper. But that's easy peasy.

5. Yeah I've been out and taken the wheel of to have a quick look tonight looks like it's going to take a good couple of hours!

again Thanks for the help