N75 valve

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Leegreemy, May 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi all.best say hi all first as new here.anyway.brought Megan 225 lux few months ago and had non stop problems.mainly with suspension which I've sorted .but now my car is coughing and spluttering on tick over and hardly giving me any power when driving.I connected my obd up and got few errors.one being cylinder 1 misfire and 2 a problem with the N75. Now if anyone can help as I'm confused.firstly could the coils cause this problem in relation to the N75 and if it is the N75 I see that the vw ones are the same but are they?there so much cheaper but different model numbers.would the vw ones work even if model number different but look the same.I've spent a fortune on fixing car and spending yet another 70 quid on solinoid males me shudder.lover the Megane but it's beginning to break my wallet.any help be great and hi again.....lee

2. Hello mate and welcome to the club. It could be injectors/plugs/coils. Had the same issue with mine when I bought it last year. You can get genuine Beru coils for £15 each off AUTODOC so much better than the £40/50 that Renault sell them for. Plugs are £30 on eBay and other places and a set of injectors £125. So £200odd covers all that and you know they won’t cause you issues for the foreseeable future. I’ve heard the n75 is the same on the vag stuff, I’m going to buy one off eBay for £30 as a spare. I’ve seen many people using/recommending them so happy to go with it myself.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/231461848381

3. Hi.thanks for reply m8.so what was the problem with yours in the end?..il also be buying one of the n75s if eBay so thanks for that

4. Just randomly threw a check injection fault, lots of smoke and poor running. Service history was far from good so I thought I’d just change the lot and be done with it. 4.5k Miles later and been fine. However, I do have another running issue that only rears it’s head on track, but that’s another story

5. Yes...mine came up injection error on dash a few times but not shown up for while.just this running like a bag of shite and ticking over roughly...I'm also looking to get some new injectors and plugs ect as same as you my service history is pretty poor.I'm hoping buying the n75 valve sorts out running issue being it came up on the obd2 scanner so fingers crossed...and thanks again

6. Have you cleared the fault codes and re checked after the fault appears? What reader/app are you using?
    Can’t see why the n75 would affect idling as there is no boost. More than likely injectors/ignition.

7. I'm using touque on android which gives me good results .brought the odb2 scanner of ebay cheap but had good reviews.I have reset codes but they have come back.i have misfire in bank 1 and the n75 error .I can do everything else but diagnose electrical.especially french.would you think more than likely it could be the injectors.I have in the past had the check injection come on dashboard and go into limp mode.I've just come out for a little run now and it's ticking over rough as he'll and if I put foot very gently on throttle it drives OK until I put foot down bit more and it just coughs and spluttered along.I had something like this on my motorbike and found it to be the ht leads.I guess it could also be the coils but if so why does it throw the n75 valve error at me.grrrrrrr

8. Sounds like coils or plugs to me

9. Hi m8.strange things what's happening now..I started up this morning just to see what's happening and to have a tinker and drove car round block but now it's not lumpy or ticking over bad but I feel as though it's gone into lump mode but no message's on dash relating to check injection.I haven't done anything since last message but was going to order new injectors but now I'm confused.I'm more sway towards injectors but last time they went funny I had message on dash saying check injection.it runs OK through gears but again lot less power than it should be.don't want to spend out on plugs and coiL's if it only injectors although probably be money well spent.

10. Firstly I’d remove the plugs and check the condition of them, for the sake of £30 just as well chuck a set in if you’re unaware of the last time they were done? Then you can clear the codes and switch the coils around to see if the fault moves cylinders. That will tell you if it’s the coils or not. Leave injectors till last. I’ll be taking a set out of mine that have been in for 4.5k miles as moving to 630s soon. They’ll be up for sale for £80 if you want them?

11. As Chris says, check the plugs, make sure there all the same colour, you don't need to go to Renault, so parts can be a lot cheaper with good after market items, its hard to fault find online or over the phone.
    If its going into limp mode it will show a fault message of some sort, so are you sure its going into limp.
    When were the coils or plugs last replaced ???

12. Hi..it's Def going into limp mode as a total loss of power but no message on dash.since I've had it I've not changed plugs or coils and nothing in the paper work to show.tonight though it's actually unable to drive as feels like running on 3 cylinders.still getting the 2 errors though on the obd2 scanner which days 75 valve and misfire in cylinder 1.Im going to change over coils tomorrow and see if it throws an error or different cylinder .poxy thing.all I want to do is drive the girl...

13. Oh..and before I forget it smoked a lot on start up and warmup .I'd say ten fifteen min's in it was smoking alot.after that it stopped and just the normal little puffs. When I rev it it sounds like it's doing a super fast drum roll is how I put it.running on 3 cylinders for sure. It's the smoke I'm concerned about.this is were I think the injectors are also at fault

14. Just so you know, number 1 cylinder is the flywheel end on these engines, that is also the cylinder that suffers from poor fuelling as its the furthest from the fuel feed, might be worth getting a compression test done, also look closely at the plug when you take it out.

Swap one thing at a time, so you can narrow down the fault.

I thought the N74 valve is a boost control valve, the waste gate is already pre tensioned the valve only opens to release air into the wastegate actuator.

Is the car mapped ????

15. Hi m8. .yes 80 sounds good if could let no when you want to sell them.I'm going to change the plugs and coils this week and go from there.its Def going into limp mode as no real power and nothung on dash in form of errors.I can't drive it now as so lumpy it's only running on 3 cylinders. Going to swap over coils today and see if it throws up error on different cylinder.smokes more on start up also.I'm unsure if it'd been remapped as no info in paper work but when brought car was told it was and was putting out 270bhp but again no proof.I no its had hole different system and k and n filter and tg filter kit with pipes but no idea on remap.stressing me out now as normally I can sort it

16. Update on situation so ant help be great.cleaned all plugs and coils and now not missing and ticking over great.there was loads water etc in few of the chambers so took plugs out and clean them and coils.went for drive and it's still under powered for some reason.I did another scanner check and it still says misfire cylinder 1 and the n75 valve thing error.I'm not getting any faults on dash though although I did get check injection on first start up.I turned engine off then request started and it went away.it's the under power bit I'm worried about.any other ideas were this is going pleaseeeeeeee

17. Going by the 1 star review, I’d suggest not!! There seems to be a lot of those type on eBay, the ones with the gold bracket, I’d assume they’re just Chinese crap due to the price of them. You can get one of those on eBay go £8
    Comparing that £30 one I linked you before to the Renault item, it looks identical. It also says froM OEM manufacturers so I’d rather put my money there if I was you.
    Will let you know on injectors, looking like the 10th June (re map booked) if you can wait that long. No worries if not.

tof73 likes this.
  18. yes thats N75 solenoid

Mircea likes this.
  19. Bob, is there ANY other valve/solenoid which is known or might control/modulate/loose boost ?
    (my second guess would be the valve on the coolant tank, something fuely related)

20. Can’t answer that sadly, only real way is get car hooked to code reader

21. A weak thermostat for example won’t let engine rev to 5k rpm

Mircea likes this.
  22. Unfortunately, it behaves normally more or less, it just erratically drops boost above 4k ish , no hoses, no codes, no wrong values, just missfires and knocks, compression is 14 on all of the 4 cylinders. My guess is those 2 valves, afterwards the recirculating DV.

23. So during normal driving reach 4K and boost cuts ?

Mircea likes this.
  24. Yeah, with a small cirping sound...not like surging like a...chocolate foil, drops from 1.2ish to 0.500-0.600, sometimes it holds, its driving me insane :smile:) . I'll just replace all of the above, replaced coils and plugs and if no success gonna tie it up to dyno and have somebody climb on top to see where is the noise coming from. Its definitely leaking something, running 90% silicone hoses, wagner IC, so I'm guessing no issues there. A lot of people told me about this "n75" and that it fails very often, if driven with bursts or very sharp.

25. PS: I used derelek to diagnose the car aaand nothing, not fooling around

26. I would put my money on #1 injector.

Mircea likes this.
  27. Is there any way, the injectors can be diagnosed, am I missing something? Again 24k km total mileage. Fuel consumption has increased 25% .

28. Yes, they can be electronically tested by a workshop that has that equipment.

29. Fuel system components are among the first parts that can suffer if vehicle is unused for long periods of time, so very low mileage is not necesserily indicative of the fuel system being in perfect condition.

30. Hi there. Did you sort this in the end..

31. Hi, unfortunately no, I have to check live, the mapping and maybe the default/stock map got fu**ed somehow. If all this goes ok, last thing to replace is the whole clutch/pressure plate/flywheel assembly. :coldsweat: I'll defo go with sachs performance parts.