My south african R26 build.

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by kyloR26, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Hi guys. Been on the forum for a while. Some of you guys have some epic build threads so I thought I would start one of my own so you guys can see how we do it here in SA haha.

My baby the first day I got her.

jevete3e.jpg

First mod, I removed all the badges and grills and sprayed them all gloss black.
    unu3a2us.jpg

Then I decided she needed some low. So got some H&R springs fitted. Decided she wasnt low enough soni had them compressed. She is niw down 60mm front and 55mm back.
    6aneqyny.jpg

Next on the list was my R26R wing to be fitted
    myda3ahu.jpg

I didnt like the look of the headlights so I decided to tackle the job of removing and splitting my headlights to spray the inserts gloss black.
    zapajy3a.jpg

While I was waiting for the lights to dry after sealing them I decided to fit my 197 sideskirts. This is my favourite mod on the car so far. Really adds to the look of the car also fitted my new rims to the car.
    supeva6y.jpg
    uzy6atyv.jpg

Fitted a cupra splitter to the front which I had sprayed gloss black to go along with the badges and grills.
    After I put her all back together took her out for a small photo shoot.

e7u2eraz.jpg
    2ataru9u.jpg
    e4u7e7u8.jpg

Next mod on the list was fitting my 8000k hid kit.
    u3ytuna9.jpg

Then set to the task of fitting my 330mm big brake kit. Getting her prepared for my first track day.

qe7e4yvy.jpg
    u9udyteg.jpg

Fitted a cupra lip to the rear as the rear was missing something.
    he6ymyva.jpg

Got her all branded up for my first trackday at redstar raceway.
    ysajege9.jpg
    yqyryneb.jpg
    anyqa6ad.jpg
    yquhagaj.jpg

Did really well for my first time on track. The R26 really is a nice piece of kit for trackdays. Now im hooked.

Then the latest mod. I ordered in a set of D2 fully adjustable coilovers. Height, dampening and camber adjustable.

e9ubuze7.jpg
    ge3esugy.jpg

Got loads more plans for the R 26 will keep updating as I am going along.

Thanks for looking guys.

2. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Welcome.

Cracking looking car you have there. Keep up the good work.

3. Wow ! Cracking car looks awesome ! Love the headlights !

4. Thats looks stunning mate hats off to you, keep up the good work and looking forward to more updates

5. Cracking build, you planing for more power?

Where in gp are you dude?

6. Looks absolutely mint !

7. Looks great. Love the headlights. Were they hard to split?

8. Thanks guys. It's RS tuning stage 1 for now. But looking into doing the hybrid turbo route that the guys are going for this side. Its a 16t conversion. The lights was a very difficult task to do. I baked them in my oven first to loosen up the adhesive haha. But still really difficult to split apart. And you also have to make sure that you seal them correctly too.

9. Thanks for the positive comments.

10. Do you mind writing up a detailed account of what you did? I'd be very grateful :-)

11. Stu

Stu

Really like the look of those wheels, what make are they?

Rest of the car looks pretty good too! :cool:

12. Thank you.The rims are A line claws.

13. Great looking car

14. Car looks ace mate.

You in Joburg, from the GP plates? I'm over in Benoni every few months lately working - I'll keep an eye out for this.

Don't see many Meganes out there at all and I've never seen a RS. Does the altitude effect the power much?

15. Hey bud. Yeah im in joburg. But im from fourways side hey. Which is north jhb. Altitude isnt really too much of a factor as when I go down to the coast I can only feel a slight difference. There are alot of guys in jhb with RS'S the Renault sport club south africa is a pretty tight knit community with guys that are always willing to help. But from what I have seen your guyar cars seem to mod so much better than our side.

16. Awesome build bud. The headlights look amazing :cool:

17. Dan

Dan

Love the head lights..

Good looking car!

18. Hey guys. Been a while. Just a small update. Got my rear strut brace fitted today.
    6abeba9e.jpg
    4yda7y2e.jpg

Still waiting for the front one to be fabricated. And coilovers are busy getting fitted. Will post pics once all is done.

19. Love the headlights. Nice job