My SLK55 AMG

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by JockySteer, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Picked up the new motor today. All I can say is.... V8. Such a difference to the 250 as I expected. What a lump of torque this thing has. I wish I could describe more but I'm going to have to go on another drive

Averaged 21 mpg over 62 miles as well which was a pleasant(ish) surprise!

0550ab619e3c34426bf30d031ca8d478.jpg

e7959dfa734d55c766cdcd28421bbf83.jpg

5d7338f12ff7706b2e7a4afbce1ae543.jpg

2. Congratulations Jockey, that looks so good. You must be properly chuffed bud. Do me a favour and drive past me at full chat some time soon......that noise is just wicked and never gets boring. Well that seals it, must do a Bath blat soon

3. Hairdresser car....:wink: looks lovely mate bet it sounds amazing!

4. Thank you chaps! A blat is a must!!

5. awesome.. such a fat ass

6. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Perfect.

7. I love that jock, always wanted one myself and never got the bottle, awesome bit of kit, mmmmmm bath blat hey, I could always go to work in the afternoon and bath blat in morning lol

8. Love these!! Almost bought one. The noise much be insnae

9. Just prepare yourself to the impending addiction to tunnels and underpasses that will naturally occur:smiley:

10. Looking good, looks great in black :smile:

11. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Beautiful. I was passenger in one at a runway day last week and it showed alot of bigger boys up! Would love one..

12. Looks epic I've never really looked into these. How's it stack up to expectations/megane life?

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Now that is an upgrade, Well done mate!

14. Only done 80 miles so far, but it feels like a different animal. On paper, it's not got much more bhp and torque than my Meg was pushing, but on the road it is so much quicker. The torque is phenomenal and before I know it, I'm doing silly speeds. The noise is already addictive and I haven't missed the opportunity to give it beans in tunnels :tongueout: Seems to handle really well though thus far and deals with bumps, cambers, crappy roads etc much better than the Meg.

When I've clocked up some more miles/fuel stops I'll give an update

15. Oh one other thing - this cost me £50 less to insure than the modified Megane. God knows how insurance companies work!

16. My insurance company quoted me 80 Less on a M5 than my yellow Perril. God knows how they work. Just pick a number any number...

17. Awesome mate!!! - does look fantastic!, hope you get plenty of enjoyment out of her :smile:

Insurance is a weird one, usually priced as a function of historical loss information both of the driver/demographic/postcode and car model.

A 987 gen II Cayman S and even a Cayman R came in cheaper for me than what I pay for the R26 as well with some light mods - standard there was only 5% in it

18. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Love it mate you will have loads of fun in it. Customer of mine has a 6 month old one he got his wife and there miniature muscle cars.

19. That fucking awesome. Just awesome mate.

Any more pics with the roof down, and the interior?

One minor, tiny point - is it not possible to do anything with the aerial?

20. I'll get some more pics up this weekend :smile: Heading to Goodwood breakfast club, so should be a good opportunity for pics and to test it against some bigger players!

Weirdly I haven't noticed the aerial.. now you've mentioned it though I think it's all I'll see! :tongueout:

21. Very nice, really interested in your review/thoughts of the 55 AMG as its on my potential list to replace my 250 next year.

22. As promised, some more photos. Really pleased with the condition of the car, considering it being 9 and a half years old. Leather is in superb nick and so are the alloys. The car was detailed prior to collection and it really shows even now there's a little bit of grime that's been picked up.

Roof down, this thing sounds like even more of an animal. Driving in and around town in this should be illegal with that v8. Naughty is an understatement

Not sure whether or not to have the alloys made black or not...?

31d2b1634d3c159b082c7e44315a35fd.jpg

46e022979d6cef1f0b6000ec6856131d.jpg

a9bff0da48c676984ddba4bb59ed995d.jpg

47b6b88acb58d85d0c3afc6fa5094250.jpg

cf198ae1d1e3f4769e52ab9dedc8d6ac.jpg

2161110f7f658805a83b3e0c450af6fc.jpg

adef4c1d228ee1d6bf86c34cfcd6bd69.jpg

37b25de0a0e66696f9f1c28ef120ab1a.jpg

28b53e0c98d06123850da0dd43ee42e1.jpg

35211a69cf402047b5c133dc3085fdee.jpg

6a346f0206fb7b95ea72bf6818f15ae3.jpg

d3c3e82dc73802bba400fa754cdda561.jpg

23. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Don't ruin it with black wheels, One way to instantly make it look gash. Fresh silver all the way on this. Keep it looking standard IMO.

Videos next, Thanks :wink:

24. Beautiful car, I've always got one eye on these in the classifieds, they're a real wolf in hairdressers clothing! I did see a nice silver one with grey/anthracite wheels which looked nice but not sure it would go with black paint! Lovely piece of kit though!

25. No on the black wheels from me.

Does this have the air scarf option?

26. It does indeed as well as the heated memory seats option. They get toasty!

27. Was talking to a Mercedes tech today he said these are bomb proof. He serviced one business users today on over 250,000 miles!

So much want for one.

28. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Keep the silver wheels, they look great. Massively jealous of that V8.

29. now that's what I wanna hear!

30. Few vids to try and demonstrate the sound - A month in and loving the car. Achieving some crazy MPG's as well! Got it reading 28.5mpg over 100+ miles at one point and that wasn't me driving like a saint. Peach of an engine! I'll get some better vids up when I can convince a mate to stand by the side of the road at some point for me :smile:

I do miss the Megane at times though.. especially in the twisties as I am yet to master this RWD lark! Although I did castrate an Arctic VXR yesterday who wanted to play.. That's the only car that has tried anything on with me since I picked the Merc up. No one wants to test their mettle against me :worried:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nNr_ITr3LM - start up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK6SSHMQ6TQ - fly by in 2nd
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YqIBHTxj9s - few revs

31. Very nice :smile:

32. Fantastic mate.

Gotta post this though, if only to listen to VBH squealing :blush:

[video=youtube;JSZYw3Q0bG4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSZYw3Q0bG4[/video]

33. Poet and he didn't know it!

34. Loving the car by the way... I vote - Keep the wheels silver... Looks classier!

35. Seen this one before. I can live with not being able to turn traction off.. I value my life as it goes :tongueout:

36. Only a dream in my c63 :tongueout:

37. I'll swap you? :tongueout: So much love for the c63.. that v8 is a little naughtier than mine :smile:

38. [​IMG]

I'm weak.. Accidentally forked out £315 for refurb and gloss black for the wheels. Not to everyone's taste I imagine, but I love them! Photos don't really justify how evil it looks

39. erm, I one of those that said keep silver - but that does look good.

40. Thanks mate. Another less important reason for me doing it was that there's a guy with the same car near where I live and I didn't want a doppelganger! :tongueout: