My ph1 dyno run

Discussion in 'General Automotive & Motorsport Media' started by mr.clarke., Sep 4, 2013.

1. Had my car on the dyno near my house as I was curious of the power, seen as its 13yrs old I'd see what power it makes.

I took it to Peter burgess across road from my house, him and Keith are really great guys, not that fond of modern cars as they like to tune old mg's/ rovers. They also forge and rebuild engines and can also machine parts too.

Here is a couple of pics to start with.

These are the motors from next door that Norris Motorsport have been fettling with.
    8a2y8upe.jpg

So mods are stealth exhaust and Sr's induction kit.

Mine
    enasuzyd.jpg
    8ysa5ymy.jpg

The results.
    utumeryv.jpg
    vepe6unu.jpg
    zara9u6e.jpg

Really please with the results to be honest and I really wasn't expecting anything near.

The rollers are fairly accurate, so I've been told but I really don't mind having a power run on any others.

I'm ready for the comments and criticism :smile:

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums...558B6FFF-479-00000061DAA4669A_zps95b3a64c.mp4

2. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

I think that's a bit optimistic if I'm reading that correctly. No way you are making 212bhp with an exhaust and induction kit, most Clios struggle to make 172bhp.

3. I'd say optimistic too, unless you're secretly hiding forced induction somewhere!

4. Lol.

5. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

It shows 183!

6. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

I assumed it was 183 at the wheels and the 212 at the flywheel.

7. Love you x

8. strong dude

9. Cheers mate

It will be going RST's rollers to see what they say.

10. that'll be the tester.
    mine does 158 LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. My 172 ran 155bhp on K-Tec's rollers with a crap induction kit and blowing exhaust.

After cams, re-map and proper induction kit it ran 178bhp, with the exhaust replaced with a 2 1/2" stainless cat back it should make 185bhp. 183bhp from an exhaust and induction kit seems very ambitious but then again I know they really do vary in terms of power but I'd be very surprised by that.

Be interesting to see what it makes on another set of rollers. :smile:

12. Yeah them rollers are shit. Thought it was too good to be true but can't say I believed it.

Had 197 cams fitted and made same power as yours 178bhp with a shit lamda and Paul said around a 5bhp gain with that sorted and more with a Decat.

13. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

He said 5bhp with a decat and new lambda sensor :wink:

Yours drives very nice now, good torque spread!

14. I know it seems odd but from what I've seen on CS over the years phase ones tend to make strong figures.

15. Not at all odd.

Gray's old ph1 made some right power standard.

16. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

t'was a very freaky engine.

Made 187bhp 166ft.lb at RStuning :smile:

Yozza race exhaust
    ITG panel filter
    AWT matched inlets
    RStuner 98ron map

17. My 172 made 180bhp at TDF with yozza race and panel filter. That was a strong engine.

edit: also had a rs tuner map from Henk.

18. mines makes 175.5 with straight through exhaust and a v6 air box which im not to ashamed of!

19. I've always found their rollers to be very honest as well.

20. my mates 182 barely made something like stock power with RS Tunings stage 1 and filter.
    .he was a bit shocked,but they have always said the 182hp was over optimistic standard.

He has had it turbo`d now...made 230hp and 227lb.ft...gulp

21. I've recently found out that you don't need throttle bodies or turbo to make a Clio go quick, the gripper diff I've just had fitted to mine has changed the car completely, the power delivery and traction is unreal.

22. Now you're talking haha.

I'd have opted for something similar for my 172 had my circumstances at home not changed and needing something bigger and more refined for daily use. Still pleased with my 225 though but a turbo charged 172/182 would be a riot! :smile:

23. My ph2 172 made 168bhp standard.

I fitted a 182 manifold. Matched the inlets. ITG filter element and a K-Tek cat back exhaust. Don't know what it made after that little lot though. As I didn't get round to mapping it all in. It felt quick though and sounded awesome.

24. Did the 182 manifold actually make a difference? I've been considering it but apparently it's the difference of about 2bhp.

25. Now up for sale.

26. I'd love another ph1, wife had the really early 1 with the ally bonnet and shift light, remember it only had a pair of cams and a simota carbon induction kit but revved like a bike, an ex friend of mine had a 212bhp throttle bodied 1 back in the day that was a real force to be reckoned with, it's the valvers that are where it's at for me though, I had a go in a f7d'd angel works prepped empty chris bag with 231 that lived at the pod, what a thing!,

good luck with the sale if it's the car your selling.

27. It's sold chap, and to be honest I wish I hadn't.

Great car.

28. Thought you'd regret it lol.i had an odyssey blue x plate I should never of outed.